Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage 18 Optics Nats

rowdyb

So it looks like do the partial targets at 20 yards and weak hand only and do the full targets and strong hand only at 35 yards. Right?

As I have a strong feeling I'll be first shooter on this, my squad's first stage, I'm off to practice 35 yard sho and 20 yard who only shooting on partial targets.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your engaging all 6 targets from both boxes. So most will probably take the full targets as the ones to take strong and weak hand only, not as hard as I thought it was when I first glanced at the stages.

I'm sorry, my reading and writing ability is a little lacking here. Let me revise.....

Here is how I plan to shoot it: String one, from 35 yards. Shoot two rounds freestyle on each hardcover (hc) target. Reload. Shoot two rounds each on the open targets sho.

String two, from 20 yards. Two rounds each on the hc targets freestyle, reload, two rounds each on the open targets who.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a long way to shoot targets one-handed, of course with a rifle you get to use both hands. I wonder if the light was bad on that stage, not sure where it is located on the range but if the competitor had to face into the sun then it would be almost impossible,

6 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

That's a long way to shoot targets one-handed, of course with a rifle you get to use both hands. I wonder if the light was bad on that stage, not sure where it is located on the range but if the competitor had to face into the sun then it would be almost impossible,

At sunrise the sun was directly  behind the shooter for this stage.  At sunset would have been in shooters eyes but don't know how low the sun was for the last squad of the day.

eric

10 hours ago, eric4069 said:

At sunrise the sun was directly  behind the shooter for this stage.  At sunset would have been in shooters eyes but don't know how low the sun was for the last squad of the day.

It was pretty high up in the sky when we finished, most squads finished.

15 minutes ago, CHA-LEE said:

And once again we have an unrealistic shooting challenge at the Nationals that kicks everyone in the balls, including World Champions.........

I'll  agree with you there. Only 3 people out of 71 shot it clean. that is a pretty low percentage (4%).

38 minutes ago, CHA-LEE said:

And once again we have an unrealistic shooting challenge at the Nationals that kicks everyone in the balls, including World Champions.........

28 minutes ago, tanks said:

I'll  agree with you there. Only 3 people out of 71 shot it clean. that is a pretty low percentage (4%).

I know we aren't going to agree on this Cha-lee, but in the effort of discussion....Sometimes people need a slap in the face (or kick in the junk). I know we have different ideas of what nationals should be. If I remember correctly, you feel nationals should be the shining example for local matches (I feel that is the role of sectional or maybe area matches). I feel like nationals should find the best shooter at the match. In order to do that part of the test needs to be very mechanically challenging. Ultimately, it's only roughly 5% of the match and it rewarded the people who were able to execute when it mattered. Max zeroed the stage and impressively still won the match. The top 20 scores in Open had nine people shoot it clean, eight people had one penalty, and three people had two penalties. In CO, which appeared to be a much shallower field, the top 20 consisted of 16 people that had two or fewer penalties with the other four people have three penalties. That really doesn't sound that bad to me. Clearly the PCC boys and girls had a massive advantage compared to pistols. Roughly 70/200 pistol shooters zeroed the stage. A lot of people are going to feel this is too many. I think those are acceptable casualty numbers for a single stage at the national championship.