Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my new Stock 2 today!

wbkr68

Stock 2 came in today, It's a beautiful pistol! I detail stripped it and started polishing the internals. After doing a few cz pistols id have to say the tangfo is much easier to work on. Now just waiting on my parts from Ben Stoeger Pro Shop, Patriot Defense, and cdnn sports!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, wbkr68 said:

Stock 2 came in today, It's a beautiful pistol! I detail stripped it and started polishing the internals. After doing a few cz pistols id have to say the tangfo is much easier to work on. Now just waiting on my parts from Ben Stoeger Pro Shop, Patriot Defense, and cdnn sports!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club.  

Interestingly, I think CZs are easier to work on.  Well, I guess it depends on which CZ.

58 minutes ago, wbkr68 said:

Ya think? It is easier to change the hammer spring on a cz.

Might be true, but the Tanfos are still extremely easy to swap hammer springs on. Doing it at a casual pace with no rush while testing all the springs PD makes, I wound up requiring about 3-4 minutes  per swap.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Hammer spring swap is a 1 minute task if you hurry it only slightly.  and don't mess with the right side safety.

Standard models are much more of a pain with the coil pin.

Each is interesting and advantageous in certain ways. Both good gun designs.

42 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

Too bad the machining is garbage. I wish they made these like lambos... Italian styling, German running gear. 

Then it would shoot like a Walther (gotta try to pay us to shoot their guns for a reason) or an H&K...

...and we'd all still be rocking an M&P or CZ or a Glock.

15 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Might be true, but the Tanfos are still extremely easy to swap hammer springs on. Doing it at a casual pace with no rush while testing all the springs PD makes, I wound up requiring about 3-4 minutes  per swap.

I would say the tanfo has been easier to work on but I do find changing the hammer spring on a cz more simple.

10 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Then it would shoot like a Walther (gotta try to pay us to shoot their guns for a reason) or an H&K...

...and we'd all still be rocking an M&P or CZ or a Glock.

Yea like I said. At least it would shoot.

I love my S2 And it is easily the most accurate gun off the shelf I've ever shot. And it's good looking too. But it was not even reliable in factory form til I had the chamber/throat reamed. And the trigger was terrible. Literally off the chart of my Lyman gauge in double action. New York cops aren't even cursed with triggers that bad. 

Edited by ryridesmotox

29 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I got lucky. My S3 only had a 10.8 pound trigger in factory form, and it ate factory ammo just fine.

I found this to be the case with my 2016 manufactured S2 as well.

47 minutes ago, glock24 said:

Congrats!

What do you think of the frame size?  Is the large frame an issue for you, over, let's say,  the smaller CZ-75 frame size?

Thanks

The Tanfo has a frame that fills your hands more, yet it's easier to reach the trigger for the first double-action pull than a CZ's.

I wear the rather average large size glove with pretty much perfect fit, and the CZ just doesn't seem like I'm holding onto enough gun.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:13 AM, MissionaryMike said:

Welcome to the club.  

Interestingly, I think CZs are easier to work on.  Well, I guess it depends on which CZ.

Having tuned both CZ's and Tanfog's I agree. The CZ is easier.

23 minutes ago, mjmagee67 said:

Having tuned both CZ's and Tanfog's I agree. The CZ is easier.

Guess I'm in the minority.  I felt the Tanfo was easier. Never had to remove the grips. No mag break. No detent tabs.