Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

i have a glock 34 with a double diamond barrel and compensator, zev trigger, sjc microdot mount., slide racker etc. the guns barely ejects and idk what to do i got a lighter spring and idk what to do i am running 6.5 grains of hs-6 115 grain fmj with seller and bellot primers and i have tried everything and cant get it to eject right any suggestions

maybe you need more gunpowder to create a stronger recoil impulse. The compensator will seriously decrease the rearward motion of the slide.

try more HS-6, or if you want the same power factor try a powder that requires more weight for the same velocity, such as Accurate #7.

Not to burst the bubble but My open 9's won't make Power Factor with 115gr bullets with that amount of HS-6.  Are you making 165+ Pf with that load?

IF you're not sure, get to a chrono( yours and friends , somebodies)

Before you get overly concerned make sure your load is what you think it is.

If your running a minor load it may explain the lack of strong ejection.

Then go down to a 8-10 lbs recoil spring.

I'm running a 12lbs spring (34) for CO at minor so I'm confident running an open gun you can go much lower.

My 2011's are running 7's and 8 lbs springs for 9 mm major.

just some thoughts that might help

56 minutes ago, theglockman34 said:

is it ok if i start to get a square on the primer  are those pressure signs concerning or just minor pressure signs  that i should proceed with causion

The 'square' or rectangle print on the primer is typical of all Glocks with all ammunition, even low pressure stuff. It matches the cut in the slide breech face. That's how people can tell ammo has been fired in a Glock. 

What power factor do you want your ammo to achieve?  Minor or Major?

If you want Major power factor, you'll need to increase the powder. You'll also want a chronograph to check bullet speed since that determines power factor. 

Definitely use a chrono to work up your load. You have been given great advice thus far. I would also look at running a 124 gr bullet vs the 115 gr. I'm not saying you can't do it with a 115 gr, I'm just saying everyone I know that is shooting 9mm Major is using the 124 gr. Good luck to you!

I would recommend getting the extended ejector as well, it helped my Open 34, but mostly for consistent ejection pattern.  I also took some weight out of the slide and run a 9lb spring with Major loads.

On 3/14/2017 at 8:43 PM, theglockman34 said:

i have a glock 34 with a double diamond barrel and compensator, zev trigger, sjc microdot mount., slide racker etc. the guns barely ejects and idk what to do i got a lighter spring and idk what to do i am running 6.5 grains of hs-6 115 grain fmj with seller and bellot primers and i have tried everything and cant get it to eject right any suggestions

Like others have said, that is nowhere near 9mm major. With a 115 you will be closer to 8.5-9.0 gr of hs-6. Of course don't try this without a chrono and start low and work your way up. Depending on your oal, you could barely or not be making minor pf as well.

I just retired a 34 from open as I picked up a used Infinity. LW barrel, SJC 11 port comp, 11 lb recoil, factory weight slide. Experimented with 115's & 124's with 3N38. I liked the 124's with 8.3 g loaded at 1.140. Made @ 170 PF. When working up even at @ 165 ejection was iffy. Once PF went up ejection issue took care of itself. I also switched to a U-die, seemed to help with feeding. After these changes gun ran 100%. 

VV & WAC are all I've tried and fell in love with 3N38.