Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 powder measure improvements

I had a few and didn't have any issues to speak of. The concept is exactly the same as the uniqutek and I recall the installation was the same as well. Neither of them have "click" adjustments and both help you dial in your charge with repeatable results. I will say there is more slop in the prairie dog but I once the charge is dialed in, I never had any issues with powder charge variation. 

Any issues with the DAA Click Wheel?  I've though about trying it but to be honest at $22 vs the normal $2 blue ebay knob I'm having trouble deciding if they are worth it, esp since I would need 4 or 5...

Any issues with the DAA Click Wheel?  I've though about trying it but to be honest at $22 vs the normal $2 blue ebay knob I'm having trouble deciding if they are worth it, esp since I would need 4 or 5...

Well, I've had both but I only have one powder measure so the difference in price is not outrageous.

That being said... it is night and day! The cheap eBay one is just a way of adjusting the powder measure in an easier way, while the DAA one is click-adjustable (good for repeatability) and will not move.

Well, I've had both but I only have one powder measure so the difference in price is not outrageous.

That being said... it is night and day! The cheap eBay one is just a way of adjusting the powder measure in an easier way, while the DAA one is click-adjustable (good for repeatability) and will not move.

This - mine has a wheel on it now, but all bets are off for repeatable movements. Looking to change that, since I have 2-4 different 9mm loads to develop and maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, michael.flitcraft said:

Looking to change that, since I have 2-4 different 9mm loads to develop and maintain.

Ah, a preemptive answer to my question.  Which was, why would need/want a powder measure adjustment  w/ clicks or micrometer type markings.

Ah, a preemptive answer to my question.  Which was, why would need/want a powder measure adjustment  w/ clicks or micrometer type markings.

Same reason I have a micrometer on my seating die. 2 different bullet shapes/heights with 2 different chamber depths.

Don't buy the Prarie Dog version. There is more play than the original Dillon item.
I managed to make mine useable as it was outside the return period by winding thin copper wire near the C clip attachment. That made the slop less.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, 400driver said:

Don't buy the Prarie Dog version. There is more play than the original Dillon item.
I managed to make mine useable as it was outside the return period by winding thin copper wire near the C clip attachment. That made the slop less.

Thanks for the heads up on that.  Adding precision to one part and removing from another doesn't aide in repeatability in the least.  Looking more and more strongly at the daa option now.

I splurged and bought the micrometer from Uniquetek and have not regretted it. I switch between loads and find it to be a great product.
It proves the old adage of buy cheep, buy twice.

On 3/14/2017 at 8:05 AM, NicoR said:

Went ahead and ordered a few... thanks for the info.

No experience with the Ballistic Tool version but I did use the uniquetek for my 9mm and 223 because I use different powder/bullet combinations for those calibers. Both uniquetek's changed settings while loading on my 650. I had to put tape on it. If you're not going to change the settings, don't bother with those expensive adjustable ones. Not worth it.

On 3/16/2017 at 2:25 AM, 78Staff said:

Went ahead and ordered a few... thanks for the info.

Arrived, I neglected to notice that you have to drill a hole in the large bar to use it, but so far on the small bar they work pretty good.