Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 Erratic powder charges

Trying to set up my Super 1050 for .223.  Benchmark powder.  Large powder bar.  Have properly adjusted the die, the powder bar fully moves forward and backward.  Looking for 24 grains.  At one setting just trying to get the powder bar set, will throw several charges and will go from 24 to 27 and down to 17 grains of powder.  I am baffled!  Any suggestions?

You probably already know this, but with rifle rounds, i.e. heavier loads of powder, you have to hesitate and wait for the powder to drop completely.  Much different from pistol loads where it drops almost instantly.  Makes a huge difference if you don't wait on it.

Alan~^~

Be sure that when you pull the handle down, the powder bar completes full travel at the same time the handle bottoms out.

With the handle up, the blue wing nut at the bottom of the failsafe rod should partially compress the coil spring above it. you

should just be able to slip a business card between the coils.

Be sure to start with the hopper at least 2/3 full, throw 10-15 charges and dump them back before you begin weighing. This

ensures the powder is settled under the baffle.

It should take one full second to move the powder bar from one side of the measure to the other.