Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reshape trigger bar

mikeAZ

Every now and then I'll see some tidbit's about reshaping the nose of the Glock trigger bar. I own a variety of Glock's and all  have had the $.25 cent polish job done as a minimum, some much more. I've done Joes trigger bar pin relocation and such ( and ruined a few along the way).... Any info on the reshape?

There is some information on here but it's a couple years old. Joe D was one that was active in those old threads so try to look for his name or mine maybe. 

There is a lot that can be done to reshape and completely change the feel of the trigger by reshaping the end of the trigger bar that interfaces with the connector. Usually I make them less tall and less round. The more angled it is (Less radius) it will be smoother with a lighter pull, keeping the same striker energy. If you can find a old gen 2 or early gen 3 trigger bar they were better quality metal and a better profile that you can go off of. 

Found the thread, go read through all this first. - http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?/topic/52311-so-you-want-a-sub-2-glock-trigger/

4 hours ago, Marshal82 said:

There is a lot that can be done to reshape and completely change the feel of the trigger by reshaping the end of the trigger bar that interfaces with the connector. Usually I make them less tall and less round.

I do the same as above. I reprofile the curved/round part so it's "flatter" as noted and then polish everything. It is very minimal how much it is reshaped. You almost can't even tell by the naked eye. Reshaping varies a lot depending what connector is used. 

This gives a lighter and smoother pull but the break is not as crisp and more rolling.

Go slow, trial and error, reinstall and get the feel of trigger. If you take too much off, trigger bar won't travel down low enough and won't drop striker. When testing and dry firing after reprofiling, push slide down towards frame as you pull trigger. Striker should drop with a little trigger over travel. You'll eventually have issues if there is no over travel.

On 3/15/2017 at 6:57 PM, mike NM said:

Good info... I will proceed slowly..... Thanks

Yeah, definitely figure out first if you prefer lighter / creepy... or heavier / crisper.  Think about it like pushing a wheelbarrow up a hill.  The shallower the slope, the easier it is to push it up; but you have to push it farther to the same amount of elevation.  A steep hill lifts the load more abruptly, but it's a lot harder to push.

In my experience, factory Glock triggers have so much creep in them that the lighter pull makes it more smoothly rolling.  It's not like you're losing a very crisp factory break anyway.

13 hours ago, TacticalReload said:

Yeah, definitely figure out first if you prefer lighter / creepy... or heavier / crisper.  Think about it like pushing a wheelbarrow up a hill.  The shallower the slope, the easier it is to push it up; but you have to push it farther to the same amount of elevation.  A steep hill lifts the load more abruptly, but it's a lot harder to push.

In my experience, factory Glock triggers have so much creep in them that the lighter pull makes it more smoothly rolling.  It's not like you're losing a very crisp factory break anyway.

This can all change by changing the shape and angles on the trigger bar. Yes going light will show you where the rough points are because you will be able to feel them easier.