Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which gun for pcc

Initially I was concerned about the PSA mag catch made of polymer but now after lots of use, I feel its the right material for the job.  Spares are available through New Frontier (they verified they supply the Glock billet lowers to PSA).

Since Glock also used a polymer in their magazine catches, it must be good to go.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, OPENB said:

Id be worried about accelerated wear on mag tubes with the metal catch. 

Odin mag catches are made from anodized aluminum. I would think if aluminum was hard on glock mags then mag changes would destroy them as forceful as they are and being most pcc magwells are aluminum. time will tell.

I saw as many MPX's as AR platforms at the Area2 Desert classic this month, and I saw or heard of no reliability issues with the MPX's although all of the folks we spoke to were running Gen2 guns with Gen2 mags.

My buddy shoots an MPX Gen2 with Gen2 mags, he runs whatever factory stuff he can buy cheaply and has never had a malfunction @1k plus rounds in matches.

I just purchased a used MPX Gen2 (the previous owner was having issues trying to run Gen1 mags) and have had zero issues, again using Gen2 mags. Im loading 147 and 125 gr round nose at around 150~155 power factor, 400 rounds only so far, but no issues, using 3n37 with no port modding. 

I went with the MPX. After a lot of back and forth shooting CZ, AR9s and avoiding to look at the MPX (because of price) I went with it after shooting it. Seen a few guys at my local matches break a few magazines on the CZ so that also kept me away from it. 

I had one issue with mine and Sig took care of it right away and sent me a new part under warranty (regulator valve). I dropped a CMC trigger and found after 2000 rounds that the hammer was mushrooming. So I dropped a Gesseile SSA-E and so far doing good.

I kept thing simple with the MPX. With the MPX magazines, if you cut the magazine restrictor you can get 4-5 more rounds in the magazines. I was concerned with the stock being on the short side but I like it because it allows me to shoot with ear muffs no problem. I did my first match with it last Saturday and it ran flawlessly. Even the stock was fine. 

I have shot all kind of different bullet weights (factory and reloads), all different powders and I found that 124s gave me the less dot movement. Right now using Autocomp at midrange but I like Titegroup better. If I was to change anything on it, it would be to put an Eotech red dot. I'm using a Vortex Sparc AR and it is fine but I want a larger viewing window. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 11:10 AM, Thaunk said:

I don' know anything about the 6951 but I have nothing but great things to say about my MPX.  I put a Giselle trigger in it and a good red dot and it does the rest.  Recoil is minimal, it's comfortable to shoot and you can get extended base pads to give you a 40 round capacity.  The only downside is the stocks from Sig aren't great.  I'd love it if I could have my luth AR stock on there.

I'm using sig M4 telescopic stock, no complaints

On 3/20/2017 at 8:36 PM, pitvpr said:

I saw as many MPX's as AR platforms at the Area2 Desert classic this month, and I saw or heard of no reliability issues with the MPX's although all of the folks we spoke to were running Gen2 guns with Gen2 mags.

My buddy shoots an MPX Gen2 with Gen2 mags, he runs whatever factory stuff he can buy cheaply and has never had a malfunction @1k plus rounds in matches.

I just purchased a used MPX Gen2 (the previous owner was having issues trying to run Gen1 mags) and have had zero issues, again using Gen2 mags. Im loading 147 and 125 gr round nose at around 150~155 power factor, 400 rounds only so far, but no issues, using 3n37 with no port modding. 

I'm running both gen 1 and gen 2 mags, no problems at all

• 4 weeks later...

I have a SIG MPX SBR'd.  Fun as hell, and fast.  I put the Geissele SSA-E trigger, along with the Romeo 4 on it.   I managed to get a hold of a factory X5 compensator to toss on it also.  So far with the extended base pads on the mags, no feeding issues.  It runs any ammo I feed it.  The only thing I can say is that it needs to be cleaned and lubed a lot.  Very dirty, but I guess that's a small price to pay for it running flawlessly.  I have noticed about every couple thousand rounds that tossing the gas valve in an ultrasonic cleaner really helps.

20170429_162541.jpg

Edited by Gunzmatter
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, cj36d said:

Anyone with QC10, Palmetto or similar Lower experience?  Any advice?  I'll be using glock mags, since I've got a pile of them in the garage already.

Hello: I have a QC10 Glock lower and it works great. One thing is buy good parts to build it up with--don't cheap out or you will be buying stuff twice. That is what I have seen with quite a few PCC builds around here. On mine I am using a Hiperfire 24C trigger, RRA selector, Ergo grip, Strike Industries bolt release, Mil Spec buffer tube and a Mission First Tactical stock. If you are going to spend the money buy a good trigger that is known to work with a PCC. That will be money well spent. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

7 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I have a QC10 Glock lower and it works great. One thing is buy good parts to build it up with--don't cheap out or you will be buying stuff twice. That is what I have seen with quite a few PCC builds around here. On mine I am using a Hiperfire 24C trigger, RRA selector, Ergo grip, Strike Industries bolt release, Mil Spec buffer tube and a Mission First Tactical stock. If you are going to spend the money buy a good trigger that is known to work with a PCC. That will be money well spent. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

This, and a good barrel that is will take all bullets. I had random problems with my NFA match barrel. Only liked 115gr RN loaded short. Went to a JP barrel and have eliminated all the problems. Gun now runs like a scalded dog with all bullet profiles and loads.

gerritm

I'm a fan of anything Colt.......Seen lots of glock lowers fail in matches and they always say "I've never had this issue before, well, maybe once or twice at practice"....guess what? My colt style lowers do not fail.....they feed and feed well. Proof is in the puddin', and every week....I see Glock fed lowers bobble at league, never see the Colt fed lowers go down. Might be cause there are so many more Glock lowers.......but oh well.

1 hour ago, TRUBL said:

I'm a fan of anything Colt.......Seen lots of glock lowers fail in matches and they always say "I've never had this issue before, well, maybe once or twice at practice"....guess what? My colt style lowers do not fail.....they feed and feed well. Proof is in the puddin', and every week....I see Glock fed lowers bobble at league, never see the Colt fed lowers go down. Might be cause there are so many more Glock lowers.......but oh well.

I wish I had done more research on the Colt lowers as if your look at the lowers from QC10 they have built in feed ramps which I would think should solve the feeding issues that all the Glock lowers seem to have. Now if we can get the barrel manufacturers to throat the barrels a bit more!!

colt.jpg

Edited by BD Williamson
7 minutes ago, BD Williamson said:

I wish I had done more research on the Colt lowers as if your look at the lowers from QC10 they have built in feed ramps which I would think should solve the feeding issues that all the Glock lowers seem to have. Now if we can get the barrel manufacturers to throat the barrels a bit more!!

We do!! :D

2 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Thanks that's good feedback.  I intend to go with a JP complete upper and a AR Gold or Hyperfire trigger, with the JP piston buffer.  Saves about $500 over the cost of a complete JP rifle.

2 minutes ago, cj36d said:

Thanks that's good feedback.  I intend to go with a JP complete upper and a AR Gold or Hyperfire trigger, with the JP piston buffer.  Saves about $500 over the cost of a complete JP rifle.

Take a look at the Trigger Tech trigger. Really nice as it feels like my open gun triggers with a bit of take up (about 11oz) before it breaks. 

I would check the AR gold trigger before buying. There's been several reports of them not working with 9mm ARs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would check the AR gold trigger before buying. There's been several reports of them not working with 9mm ARs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello: My Glock Quarter Circle 10 lower has been more reliable than my QC10 Colt. I am using factory Glock mags with base pads. The problem that I had with the Colt lower was with the magazine springs. I changed them out and it now has been 100%. The Colt lower does feed smoother than the Glock lower and I think that is because of the feed ramp and the magazine design. You can build an upper easily enough if you have the tools. Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, BD Williamson said:

I here that you have a new ULW barrel set up. Is it for sale yet? I was just getting ready to build one like that for my self

late next week? early the week after? we are close.......BTW, we polish the entry to the chamber and we have about .060" more throat length for your pleasure!!