Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use the Atibal 1-8x

apetrulis01

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone asked a vortex shooter what they thought about Atibal in a PM on Facebook and he said he hasn't used or seen one but he'd stay away from any cheap optic. He said you get what you pay for. And I agree. But the the person sent Atibal screen shots and they posted it l. Facebook bashing Vortex and their shooter. And that shooter is a good dude that's very helpful to anyone that asks. So before all this I bought a Strike Eagle and hated it, Atibal had the trade in program so I did it, figured the Strike Eagle was already useless to me and I finally got my hands on a Viper Gen 2. Worst case the scope would go on my backup gun. 

As as far as the scope goes it's better than the Strike Eagle. If you're ok with their ethics as a company I have one I'll sell you

22 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Thanks for the explanation, send me a PM with your price as I'm thinking of trying one.

Another option might be the Athlon scope with specific 3gun reticle that Billy York designed for them.  Similar price point to the Strike Eagle and Atibal tier.  

Not trying to kill a sale but just pointing it out.

http://athlonoptics.com/product‐category/riflescopes/athlon-optics-rifle-scopes-midas-btr/athlon-optics-rifle-scopes-midas-btr-1-6x24-astsr1-moa/rifle-scopes-midas-btr-1-6x24-atsr1-sfp-ir-moa/

9 hours ago, AustinWolv said:

Another option might be the Athlon scope with specific 3gun reticle that Billy York designed for them.  Similar price point to the Strike Eagle and Atibal tier.  

Not trying to kill a sale but just pointing it out.

http://athlonoptics.com/product‐category/riflescopes/athlon-optics-rifle-scopes-midas-btr/athlon-optics-rifle-scopes-midas-btr-1-6x24-astsr1-moa/rifle-scopes-midas-btr-1-6x24-atsr1-sfp-ir-moa/

Umm, no, not in the same price point, close to twice the price of SE and Atibal. 

Price point is close to Vortex PST Gen 2, and I would expect

quality to be comparable to PST, above the Atibal and SE.

Not to derail this thread but is the "gap" where a target would be placed at ranges beyond 200 yards detrimental to accuracy? Am very interested in the Athlon with the 3G reticle, just looking for users input.

Mark

23 hours ago, mpom said:

Umm, no, not in the same price point, close to twice the price of SE and Atibal. 

Price point is close to Vortex PST Gen 2, and I would expect

quality to be comparable to PST, above the Atibal and SE.

Not to derail this thread but is the "gap" where a target would be placed at ranges beyond 200 yards detrimental to accuracy? Am very interested in the Athlon with the 3G reticle, just looking for users input.

Mark

Yep, my fault, I thought it was cheaper than that.  $530 for the Athlon, $340 for the Atibal, $450 for the Strike Eagle 1-8, $330 for the Strike Eagle 1-6.

Contact Billy, he's been using it and can give you details.  

Companies should probably not respond, however I don't think too many of us are thinking the Atibal is on a par with the $2.000.00 optic.  Perhaps it would have been better if neither had bothered.  Skate shooting sounds interesting, would that be ice or roller ???

Obviously that wasn't included in the quotes posted.  I'm certainly not attacking or defending either one.  

I would certainly agree that if a $400.00 scope was the equivalent of a $2,000,00 one someone would be either not making much money or lying about the benefits of spending more money !!!

For what it's worth, I'm going to get one and after that I'll post what I think is good and bad about it.