Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use the Atibal 1-8x

apetrulis01

I read on another forum, so might not be true, that they use the same manufacturer that PA uses and they species better glass. I haven't seen anything about the glass comment to back that up. I like the reticle and that is the lightest 1-8x I've seen.  I don't know anyone with one but looking forward to seeing more feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

I just received mine from Atibal after I sent a Strike Eagle for trade-in.  Here is my observation....

- To my eyes (YMMV), the glass is better

- Eye relief is a little more forgiving @ x8

- x1 looks more like x1.5 (not a big deal to me)

- Turrets are tight and tactile

- Diamond reticle is good and draws my eyes to the target

- Reticle illumination is good....I'd say on a sunny day setting #8 worked fine for me

- Optic finish is good, matte coating and I like that the turret cover are slim and the threads are brass

Sighted-in @50 yds, shot plates @ 200 & 300yds using 55g factory ammo.  The reticle hash marks are accurate on the mentioned distance.  Do I like it better than the StrikeEagle? Yes.  Am I happy with it? Yes....I got a x8 optic at no extra cost and a good one at that.  Before I sent in mine for the trade-in I did the numbers. Vortex will come out with a x8 as well but I think the price will be in the range of $400-$475.  If I sell the StrikeEagle, I'd say the most I will probably get is around $275 since obviously its value will go down.  Not wanting to shell out anymore cash, I took the gamble and won.  Bottom line, I'm happy and satisfied with it and yes, it came with a free lever!

I think you need to email their customer service.  One of our local shooters uses it and seems to do quite well with it.  Granted, he was good well before somebody gave him a scope.  I'd have one if I wasn't knee deep in a razor HD 2.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, ad5md said:

I just received mine from Atibal after I sent a Strike Eagle for trade-in.  Here is my observation....

- To my eyes (YMMV), the glass is better

- Eye relief is a little more forgiving @ x8

- x1 looks more like x1.5 (not a big deal to me)

- Turrets are tight and tactile

- Diamond reticle is good and draws my eyes to the target

- Reticle illumination is good....I'd say on a sunny day setting #8 worked fine for me

- Optic finish is good, matte coating and I like that the turret cover are slim and the threads are brass

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. I mounted on a rifle today and I have to agree with everything ad5md said. It is a nice scope. I haven't had time to shoot it yet and I'm not sure if I'm going to like the triangle for far shots, but for bay shooting I think it will be perfect. In my opinion it is superior to the Strike Eagle and a good scope for the money. Thumbs up to Atibal for what seems like a good product.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, apetrulis01 said:

Soooo go with the Atibal and leave the Strike Eagle 1-8 alone?

I would have to say yes. Go with the Atibal. I shot mine for the first time today and I think I may even like it more then my Burris XTR.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased one from Optics Planet for $340.  I mounted it on an AR and took a look at close and distant objects.  Not true one power.  It was in the evening and cloudy, glass is not very clear and really shows that under less than ideal lighting of course bright sunshine makes a lot of optics look better than they are.  The lines on the reticle are too thick for my liking and I find the triangle also covers up a lot.  I don't use illumination very often but it did seem very bright, again however it was not real bright outside.  I will shoot with it next week and see how it does.  I will try and develop a load to match the BDC as close as I can. It is what I expected for the amount I paid for it and will be sufficient for its intended purpose on a back up and loaner gun.   I cannot compare it to a strike eagle as I have never looked through one.

Edited by AKJD

After debating it for over a month, I sent my PA 1-6 to Atibal this morning for the trade in.  I loved the reticle in my PA, but I like the idea the extra magnification and not out of pocket any extra funds.  Hoping I made the right move.  And hoping that it makes it back to me before the 3 man team match on June 10. 

On 5/24/2017 at 1:36 AM, AKJD said:

I purchased one from Optics Planet for $340.  I mounted it on an AR and took a look at close and distant objects.  Not true one power.  It was in the evening and cloudy, glass is not very clear and really shows that under less than ideal lighting of course bright sunshine makes a lot of optics look better than they are.  The lines on the reticle are too thick for my liking and I find the triangle also covers up a lot.  I don't use illumination very often but it did seem very bright, again however it was not real bright outside.  I will shoot with it next week and see how it does.  I will try and develop a load to match the BDC as close as I can. It is what I expected for the amount I paid for it and will be sufficient for its intended purpose on a back up and loaner gun.   I cannot compare it to a strike eagle as I have never looked through one.

Get anymore range time with it?

On 5/24/2017 at 2:49 PM, KYTrunkMonkey said:

After debating it for over a month, I sent my PA 1-6 to Atibal this morning for the trade in.  I loved the reticle in my PA, but I like the idea the extra magnification and not out of pocket any extra funds.  Hoping I made the right move.  And hoping that it makes it back to me before the 3 man team match on June 10. 

I hope you don't feel like you need 8x for a match that doesn't have anything further than 200 yards...

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:55 PM, gnhowell1 said:

I hope you don't feel like you need 8x for a match that doesn't have anything further than 200 yards...

No, up to 200 yards, I rarely go above 4x.  I'm thinking the 8x may be useful for 400-600 yard targets...

• 2 weeks later...