Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blast shield for horizontal c-more

thepunishur

i think the reason we turn it sideways (better able to pick up the dot when it's lower where the "normal" open sights would be) is why a blast shield won't work, too low to the barrel.  i pretty much clean mine after every stage or two with the walmart/costco 100 pack of lens cleaners.  PITA but better than the alternative of doubling stage time looking for that damn dot.

Edited by davsco

40 minutes ago, davsco said:

i think the reason we turn it sideways (better able to pick up the dot when it's lower where the "normal" open sights would be) is why a blast shield won't work, too low to the barrel.  i pretty much clean mine after every stage or two with the walmart/costco 100 pack of lens cleaners.  PITA but better than the alternative of doubling stage time looking for that damn dot.

That happened to me today on a 30 round stage. By the time I got to the last few targets, I though my battery was dying, and realized the lense was just filthy.

My upright C-More got dirty Every Stage - like Davco said, I'd clean it after every stage.    :ph34r:

Then, I discovered Brian Enos'  Slide Glide     :wub:

I now wipe my C-More once a month.    :bow:

Instead of using any type of oil on my gun, I now use Slide Glide

and no longer get ANY splash on my C-More (pause for

dramatic music) ....:)