Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock failure to feed after slide change

Jgodwin

Need some help trouble shooting. I have a glock 34 gen 4 and purchased an aftermarket stainless steel slide. Put the new slide on and now have a ftf one out of every 10-15 rounds. The rounds sticks like it's bound in the extractor and if I force the slide forward it will feed and shoot fine. It may be unrelated but it seems to be worse when I take a proper grip on the gun and happens less with a one handed grip. Any thoughts on a starting point? I have considered I may need to swap the factory recoil spring to match a slightly different slide weight or maybe some custom fitting for the new slide. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Might check for a sharp edge or burr on the firing pin hole. The edge of the case may be catching there ever so slightly. A small edge break will make for smooth transition up the breech face.

Thanks.  I used the same extractor right off of my factory slide. I'm not really sure how to check that tension or adjust it. When it fails I can move it forward with my hand but I have to hit it pretty hard. I

I'll double check the breach face for edges or burrs later today. Thanks for the ideas

• 4 weeks later...

I checked the face for sharpe edges and the edges around the extractor were very sharpe but I sanded them down and have still experienced the issue. I have pulled and cleaned the extractor and made sure it is installed what seems to be correctly but no help.