Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Ft Worth, TX

bcp

I moved back here after a 20 year absence.  I'm in Roanoke near the race track and a member of the Alliance area Shoot Smart range.  I shoot a little bit of everything but I'm looking for a club to join where I can shoot pistol matches.  I've done some research online but still looking for what's popular in the area.  I'm a little surprised there isn't more USPSA in DFW.  Who else is local and what matches are popular?  It also needs to have some match options for lady shooters.  Thanks!

Look into Collin County IDPA and Cross Timbers IDPA.   There is also a guy named Ves on the DFW shooters page on Facebook that has a USPSA match at the JCSSA range but I know nothing about it other than the post I see once a month.   Both CCIDPA and CTIDPA both have USPSA matches I think.  I know CTIDPA does for sure.  

Cross Timbers does Defender outdoors on Wednesday nights, and The TSS every other monday night.  

I don't know anything about the Collin County side of it.   

Cross Timbers

Collin County

Edited by kells81

Thanks for the replies and welcomes.  I knew of those websites but not the Facebook page.  I will check that out.  

I've been aware of this forum for years and visited some but never registered.  I know there's a lot of good info here and I'm enjoying working through various archived subjects of interest.  As to what I shoot or what my interests are?  I've owned and shot a little of everything from blackpowder to Class 3 to sporting clays to archery.  I reload all of my ammo and load for about 20 different cartridges.  I do my own bullet casting.  

I haven't shot in formal matches but it's something I've long wanted to do.  I could go a lot of different ways in competing with my gear but I'm probably most interested in problem solving without having to remember pages of rules...but with some movement and speed...say something along the lines of Production and maybe Limited in USPSA.  In this area, IDPA seems to have the most matches.  However, I'm pretty open to attending and checking out the local match options.