Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu Shadow ESP

TheGodfather

30 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Which rule do are you talking about? I'm guessing 8.2.2.2-V  "slide inserts to accommodate different recoil assembly design"

But, you're ignoring 8.2.2.3 which doesn't say you can remove material from the slide to accommodate a new recoil assembly. So removing materiel from the slide for a new reverse plug would be illegal per the rules. You have to look at these two rules together, yes you can change the recoil assembly, but you still can't mill the slide for it.

That said, from the way people are talking it sounds like it's going to be allowed. It's not the first time IDPA has allowed a gun that doesn't fit in the rules and I'm sure it wont be the last.

Glock 34! Microphone drop. 

I was told in person that the Accushadow is now ESP legal. I know I'm just some guy on the internet so I understand not taking my word as fact. 

That's why I've said contact the MD for any match you'd want to shoot it in. Copy the AC. If they haven't heard about it ask them to contact HQ. 

There really doesn't need to be anymore discussing of rules and is it or isn't it. 

Edited by B_RAD

30 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

You must not of read my last sentence

Oh, and 8.1.2-A covers the 34, so you might want to pick up the mic.

Nope!  

I think we're (probably me) are arguing about agreeing. Not gonna lie. I'm not really reading everything you're saying since I'm not really worried about it being legal.

As for the 34, 8.2.2.3 could be used to say a gun with factory slide cutouts, for the purpose of slide lightening, is not allowed. It says features and list the ones allowed. So, I was just saying that per that rule the 34 doesn't seem to be legal but we know it is. I was agreeing with you.

Not seeing how 8.1.2-A has anything to do with slide cutouts. 

Anyways, not trying to go back and forth so,... I think the Accushadow is ESP legal so I'm gonna leave it at that. 

8.1.2 says something about SSP guns can be used in ESP.

And I agree per 8.2.2.3 the 34 is questionable because it says "features" and that cut out is a feature.

And I too think the Accushadow will be allowed in ESP. Note I did say allowed because IDPA's silly convoluted rules should make it illegal but it sounds like they will allow it anyway. Same with the S&W PC 1911 that they ruled legal a few years ago. And now they apparently are allowing DVC's in ESP, how does that make sense with the rules. Personally the shadow should be allowed, and really you should be able to do what ever the hell you want to your slide in ESP. At least that is how it would be if it were up to me.

ESP would be cool as anything goes. 

Except compensators. 

I mean who carries a 5" STI with a

magwell?  I'm sure someone out there does but I'm sure someone out there carries a desert eagle too!

why worry about weight or other mods?

Edited by B_RAD

Yeah, weight is a good example of what seem like silly rules to me in ESP.

I see it this way, I can't have a brass magwell, or a tungsten guide rod because they add to much weight and competition guns are heavy not carry guns. At the same time, I can't cut up my slide because that would make the slide to light and competition are light not carry guns. And with all these restrictions why do we even have a weight limit? I can shoot a 9mm 1911 that weight 42.9 oz but my 2011 with a plastic grip only weights 35 oz, and I can't add any weight to it to make it more comparable to that 1911?

To me ESP should be like Limited-10 minor, and fit in the box and IDPA holster/mag pouch rules etc.

Edited by Racinready300ex

• 3 months later...