Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Bullets Gen 2 coating

Broncman

Shooting and XDM 5.25 in CO. Currently have a real nice load for Berry's 125 flat nose hollow base thick plate. About 3" groups at 25 yards at a leisurely pace.

Ordered some 124 flat nose from Precision bullets. Tried Universal Clays, 231, and WSF at several charges up to max, 10 rds each charge.

Smoky! Every powder, man these are smoky. Accuracy at 25 yards was 5 to 6" groups. 

Anybody got a good load for these? Looks like my gun just does not like them. Will use them for close range practice. 

Was just trying to find a cheaper alternative than the Berry's and Precision Delta FMJ.  May just stick with the PD's and buy enough to get the price break.

2 hours ago, thormx538 said:

I ran 147gr Precisions last season on top of Unique

A bit dirty, but I didn't really notice any smoke.

You must have been shooting outdoors with a nice breeze :)

On 3/12/2017 at 6:32 PM, Broncman said:

Precision Delta is different than the Precision Bullets coated. 2 different companies. The coated are the ones that smoke. Not sure what kind of coating they are. Some kind of moly???

Ah, that makes things more clear now. Too many similar companies/product names for me to keep straight.  At least these two don't have 'tactical' in their names anywhere.

...back to the regularly scheduled program. --->

I purposely belled the case a little more for this reason. Still possible I guess. Will pull a few and see. I can scratch the coating off with my fingernail.

Just gonna switch back, my life is to hectic to mess with finicky bullets...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 5:18 PM, njl said:

You must have been shooting outdoors with a nice breeze :)

I guess cast lead with Bullseye is my metric ^_^

I will say that when looking back in videos, N320+Blues smokes less than Precision Bullets+Unique, but both are significantly less than cast lead. I honestly never even thought about it until watching videos of my stages, and reading about it on here.