Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouch direction

On 3/12/2017 at 0:50 PM, Ryan N said:

I have noticed that I have a hurdle to overcome with PCC concerning mag pouch direction.  I've always placed my pistol mag pouches bullets facing forward and I place my rifle mags bullets facing rearward.  I've been shooting 3-gun regularly for 8 years and I'm new to PCC.  I have quickly discovered that when I do a PCC reload, I'm grab the PCC mag the same way I would grab a rifle mag(makes since sense I have a rifle in my hand).  Well grabbing the mag this way has me inserting the mag backwards into the magwell.  I have worked at trying to grab the PCC reload mag like I would a pistol mag but it has been a challenge.

I only see 2 options:

1.  Retrain how I do a rifle reload and begin learning to do bullets forward like I do pistol mags

2.  Get some LH pistol mag pouches for PCC.  This seems to be the easiest fix.

Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?  I can't be the only person having this issue.

Probably would have helped to be explicit about what kind of gun you have--I think a rifle using pistol mags (like GLOCK or 2011) is different from something like an MPX or Scorpion.  

Probably would have helped to explain where you have your reloads now and what handed you are, because your options are confusing to me without that explanation.

I run a Scorpion, and I reload rifles with a beer can grip.  That means my PCC mags are on my left side (I am right handed) with the bullets facing back.  I personally felt this was the best option, because I'm going to reload any rifle with my left hand (under normal circumstances) and with a beer can grip.  I've tried indexing rifle mags from chest and belt pouches like pistol mags and it just didn't work that well for me--not sure why, because indexing a pistol mag is easy as pie with my left hand (usually bullets out or forward, depending on the gun).

Since it sounds like you're running GLOCK mags (or mags like them), it's probably best for you to treat those mags the same way you would treat any pistol magazine.

• 1 month later...