Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your Critiques, Please

Rez805

Greetings,

I'm prepping for Area 1 and wondered if you could let me know where you think I can improve. I want to do as well as possible (not just at Area 1, but in USPSA in general) so please be honest.

My thoughts about each stage in the order I shot them:

Stage 3

This wasn't recorded, but it was a classifier: "Times Two".

A: 5 B: 3 C: 3 D: 1 M: 0 NS: 0

Time: 9.17

HF: 4.7983

Percentage (Per AZ Calc): 53.17%

I always suck at classifiers. Believe me, I want to get out of C Class. I have no idea why I can't. I used to lookup the HF's before each classifier--that didn't help. I changed that mentality at the beginning of the year. I now try to treat classifiers as "just another stage". At least this might get me out of the mid-40% range where I currently reside LOL. Sadly, I can't think of an easier classifier to help me move up. What a waste.

Stage 4

Not bad. 1 miss on the center steel. I made it up as quickly as I could--can't really recall how hard I looked at the front sight on the makeup. I decided to engage the open targets at the last position before the targets that were obscured with the no shoot. I felt that I could slap fast, transition hard, then "confirm hard" on the targets with the no-shoot. Setups like that are usually my downfall.

"confirm hard" is my way of saying "Slow down with a purpose". 

Stage 5

Missed the 2nd position a bit which resulted in shuffling. Also messed up my plan a bit. I wanted to hit the hardcover target as the popper/activator was falling in order to minimize dead time. The dash across the field was decent. More unnecessary shuffling at the end.

Stage 6

2 make-up shots on the partially covered Texas Star (I actually took a makeup shot on a paper target while waiting for the last plate to re-appear.

The Mike came at the very end (the "hardcover top"). Very close to the border between the black and the A zone.

Stage 1

Miss was in the first position. Bottom left target. The extra shot in that array was not directed at the bottom left target as I couldn't tell that I missed it at the time.

A bit slow getting to the final position.

Cooling towel noose didn't affect me.

Stage 2

Awkward pause on the left steel array was awkward. I flinched hard and (fortunately) didn't pull the trigger. 2 makeup shots on the right steel array. Forgot to confirm hard.

Standing reload at the end was unavoidable due to the way that the stage was setup so I made the reload where I thought it would make sense.

Thank you for your time and feedback. See you at Area 1.

+1

That is not C shooting.  A somewhat finicky critique that I would have is it looks like there are stages where you might get into a cadence of shooting regardless of distance to target.  I'm not 100% sure that is what happening, but it looks and sounds similar to what I do at times.  Really make sure that your eyes are part of your brain's discussion on how fast you should be pulling the trigger.  I end up not getting good hits on the longer shots and going a little slower than I should on the close in ones when I get into cadence mode.

What I'm wanting to hear when I watch my own videos is that when engaging targets from different distances the splits should be noticeably different, but transitioning from target to target at equal distances should be hard to hear.  Approximately zero of my videos actually sound that way....

Nice performance!  Punch out a few classifiers and there is NO WAY you will remain at C.

Stop slap the mag after you reload.  Ha.  I use to do that as well.  It looks like a couple times you forgot where you where going next.  Make sure you are going through your plan to the point you do not have think about it.  Stage 5 work on your activator sequence.  Low hanging fruit as you just stood there for at least a second to shoot the clam.  Foot work looks solid and so does your grip.  I don't normally suggest to people to shoot more matches as it is practice that most people need, but I think more matches will help with stage plans and how best to shoot activators. 

1 hour ago, Pistolpete9 said:

That is not C shooting.

I'd be interested in knowing what % of the top Production shooter

you came in at - I'd guess you were in the 60's or possibly even 70's.

DEFINITELY  not C  shooting ...    :bow:

If that's true, then your problem is that you have decided to go faster

on classifiers than you can shoot , or do shoot other stages. 

We have a couple shooters in our Club who are obviously "A" shooters who somehow

shoot Classifiers just a little too fast, or a little too slowly with one

very close miss, every single time - and Voila, they remain a "B" shooter, like me

And, I can' compete with them.    :angry:

IFF  you'd like to be classified according to your ability, then you have

to shoot the Classifiers exactly as you would all the other COF's.

Good luck with your quest for the B (or A) :) 

On 3/11/2017 at 9:28 PM, Rez805 said:

Stage 3

This wasn't recorded, but it was a classifier: "Times Two".

A: 5 B: 3 C: 3 D: 1 M: 0 NS: 0

Time: 9.17

HF: 4.7983

Percentage (Per AZ Calc): 53.17%

I always suck at classifiers. Believe me, I want to get out of C Class. I have no idea why I can't. I used to lookup the HF's before each classifier--that didn't help. I changed that mentality at the beginning of the year. I now try to treat classifiers as "just another stage". At least this might get me out of the mid-40% range where I currently reside LOL. Sadly, I can't think of an easier classifier to help me move up. What a waste.

I'm attaching your classification history:

IMG_1356.thumb.PNG.edc618bff63364548f4d89d389b15827.PNG

Man, you are crazy inconsistent and it's obvious the classifiers stress you out. Don't let them! Shoot fast and clean and calm. Shoot the way you'd shoot that array if you ran up to a port, saw it, shot it, and left. Calm down before the beep. Take a deep breath and release it at "stand by."

Those scores marked "A" are supposedly too high to count. The problem is, those are representative of your actual skill - I place you as high B currently. If you had the speed we see in the video without the Delta or Mike in most stages? You'd be a competitive mid pack A.

Go pull up your classification record and click the link toward the bottom where it explains what the "A" flag means. If you write in tell them that's a fair honest run, they might count them. Who knows.

Next. Times Two all by itself... How the hell did you need nine seconds to shoot that classifier? You're not anywhere near that slow.

I'm a Production A who just shot his first M classifier on that this weekend. My first M classifier run with the new Tanfoglio, actually.

Skip to 1:30 in this video:

https://youtu.be/DQrfzB0o4ZI

6.86 seconds. 8A, 1B and 3C hits.

Should be 86% give or take.

You move well, transitions aren't garbage, and loads are good. There's no way you should need nine seconds to shoot that stage without shooting it absolutely clean. Especially since it's comstock: make the hits up if you sling Ds on that!

I suggest you think differently: Many of us are phobic of practicing classifieds because we don't want to get labeled grand baggers. But stand and shoot is just as much a part of practical shooting as run and gun is. And large matches frequently have stand and shoot stages which you need to shoot solidly in order to win.

You have an aspect of your game that sucks. If your draw was great but you reload was horrible, you'd practice reloads like mad. Do that with stand and shoot stuff. I have. That's how I left B class after switching from the M&P and finding I couldn't deliver bullets work a damn with the new gun.

Times Two is a great stage to practice. Stick 3 post-it notes to the TV and run a few yards back and forth behind your sofa. Do it with a surrender draw. Do it with no movement stronghand / weakhand. Make those things strengths.

Guess what else will happen? Each port you enter, shoot an array of targets through, and exit? Every stage you shoot is a series of little classifieds stacked together.

Your stage times will come down and your points will go up if you start practicing stand and shoot. And you want have to explain why you had deltas and mikes anymore. Practicing stand & shoot is where you learn to call your shots. And if you did that you wouldn't be leaving mikes behind anymore.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Came in first in the four COF's.

What position did he come in on the Classifier?

Second. And was 99.9ish % of the winner. So they definitely didn't have any heat at this match in Production, which makes it hard to improve. I much prefer having guys around whom I can chase!

Thank you for your replies.

On 3/11/2017 at 8:26 PM, SlvrDragon50 said:

Can't really comment since I'm new, but I can't believe you're classified as a C. I'd be pissed if I were in C and had to compete against you haha.

Heheh, thanks! If it makes you feel any better, I've been languishing in C since I started a couple of years ago and only took 2nd C at a Section Match last year. I definitely feel like my game has improved since then, but I still can't seem to hook up on classifiers.

11 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

+1

That is not C shooting.  A somewhat finicky critique that I would have is it looks like there are stages where you might get into a cadence of shooting regardless of distance to target.  I'm not 100% sure that is what happening, but it looks and sounds similar to what I do at times.  Really make sure that your eyes are part of your brain's discussion on how fast you should be pulling the trigger.  I end up not getting good hits on the longer shots and going a little slower than I should on the close in ones when I get into cadence mode.

What I'm wanting to hear when I watch my own videos is that when engaging targets from different distances the splits should be noticeably different, but transitioning from target to target at equal distances should be hard to hear.  Approximately zero of my videos actually sound that way....

Nice performance!  Punch out a few classifiers and there is NO WAY you will remain at C.

Thank you. There was a decent mix of targets this time around (close vs far, open vs covered, wide transitions) and I might have been a bit to lax on giving tougher targets respect. Or maybe I didn't give the open targets enough respect (e.g., stage 1). Fortunately, I didn't peg a no-shoot.

9 hours ago, eern said:

Stop slap the mag after you reload.  Ha.  I use to do that as well.  It looks like a couple times you forgot where you where going next.  Make sure you are going through your plan to the point you do not have think about it.  Stage 5 work on your activator sequence.  Low hanging fruit as you just stood there for at least a second to shoot the clam.  Foot work looks solid and so does your grip.  I don't normally suggest to people to shoot more matches as it is practice that most people need, but I think more matches will help with stage plans and how best to shoot activators. 

Yep, this is a habit I picked up due to the lame 10 round mags in CA. I get a bit more resistance on a full 10 rounds leading to situations like this:

With respect to Stage 5: Indeed. The plan was to carefully hit the hardcover target, then the activator, then the two open targets, then the clamshell, then the final target on something of a backpedal. Once I missed my marker that plan went down the tubes. So dealing with a missed marker is something that I need to work on. Of course, it would just be easier if I would just hit the spot correctly the first time.

@Hi-Power Jack, thank you for the feedback. The mental hurdle for classifiers kind of goes both ways. In the past I tried going with a lights-out speed/Zero or hero approach. Definitely didn't work. After the back-to-back zeroes I decided to NOT look at AZ Calc prior to the stage--we don't actually post diagrams or the classifier prior to the match . . . otherwise I would probably practice the dang classifier. I guess I'm just getting really frustrated.

@MemphisMechanic, thanks for the feedback. Inconsistency is definitely killing me. Those back-to-back zeroes were pretty dumb on my part. There are a couple of other Production shooters who are classified higher than me, but they weren't at this month's match. Without those shooter I just try to keep pace with the Limited and Open shooters.

I misspoke when I said the classifier wasn't recorded. I have the hatcam footage, just not the 3rd person view. This is me trying my best to "not swing for the fences"/"do what you think a B-Class shooter would do":

I have the opportunity to go to one more match before Area 1. It's south of me by about 3 hours and has more heat. The only possible downside is that the match is on 3/26 and Area 1 starts on 3/31. Knowing me, I don't foresee any "burn out" issues. Sadly, this upcoming match does not include a classifier. I'll have plenty of time this week and next week to dedicate to dry firing and live fire in preparation for the match.

Here's something that I'm not 100% sure about:

I calculated that I shot about 88% of the points available at a pace/speed that I feel is comfortable and easy to reproduce consistently--especially with respect to movement. Is 88% of the points available "enough" to be competitive at an Area match?

Personally, I don't think so.

This is my first Level 3 with my only Level 2 coming from last year's Golden Bullet (what an eye opener). So, should I back off on certain aspects of speed (most likely the shooting portion) or try to excel at shooting at the pace demonstrated in the March match video?

My gut is telling me to try to excel at the pace demonstrated, but a big consideration is timing. I only have about 2 weeks before the big show and I'm trying to work on everything I can think of.

Thoughts?

Edited by Rez805

Also note that on Times Two I shot an M score with 52/60 points - 1 B and 3 Cs. We come into this sport as production shooters with "you have to shoot the classifiers clean or you're screwed" beaten into our heads.

It took a while to realize the truth behind "just shoot them like any other stage."

That doesn't mean hose. And of course it takes "shoot all As" out of the picture too.

To shoot know you shot all As you need to back off and make sure everything is well within the A-zone perfs. Those extra-precise sight pictures will take time and that kills HF.

Instead shoot them as aggressively as you can expect to shoot almost all your shots as As, but some are going to spread out into close Cs.

I stand by my advice. I'd practice entering an array or stand and shoot situation and wailing on the targets leaving 1 or 2 Cs behind and a lot of well-spread As everywhere else. Fast.

Dont tolerate Ds, let alone Mikes.

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2017 at 8:26 PM, SlvrDragon50 said:

Can't really comment since I'm new, but I can't believe you're classified as a C. I'd be pissed if I were in C and had to compete against you haha.

Haha, I totally agree!  ^^^^^  

I would say, yeah, don't "try" to do well at a classifier, just treat it like any other stage.  Don't "hero or zero" it - you already figured that out.  Don't worry about classing up at all.  Don't think about being "stuck," it's like negative reinforcement to screw up your mental game when you get to a classifier.  I just think:  "I am becoming an A class shooter by following my training schedule."  Then I leave it in the hands of my performance.  If I'm not shooting A class classifiers, then I am not consistent enough, yet, to be A class.  So, there is really nothing to worry about.  I don't need to worry about when I will become A class, because it will just happen when I'm ready.   

BUT FOR YOU:  You can request USPSA to count the scores they dropped because they were "too high".    It's a super simple process, someone I shoot with just did it a few weeks ago, and it doesn't take that long to get them counted.  You also don't shoot that many matches.  Look up an average M class shooter, and their classifiers look very similar - wildly inconsistent.  Their classifier percentage for the match score are usually pretty consistent with their match performance, because most of the other M's and GM's aren't hundoing their classifiers, either.  I made B class, am around 68% right now, but my classifier scores look just like yours.  You are a better shooter than I am -- you will be out of C class very soon, I don't think you will have to worry about it.  And when you finally make B... all your mediocre scores won't count anymore and you'll be on your way to make M.  

Another thing, I think it should be more acceptable for people to reshoot a classifier.  I don't mean EVERY time or keep reshooting it until you get the score you want, but I think, in your case -- when you are clearly stuck in a class below your ability and only shoot once or twice a month, and then you mentally screw up the classifier and waste another match opportunity to be classified at your current level of ability -- I think it would be reasonable to pay for a re-shoot.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:44 AM, AlphaCharis said:

Another thing, I think it should be more acceptable for people to reshoot a classifier.  I don't mean EVERY time or keep reshooting it until you get the score you want, but I think, in your case -- when you are clearly stuck in a class below your ability and only shoot once or twice a month, and then you mentally screw up the classifier and waste another match opportunity to be classified at your current level of ability -- I think it would be reasonable to pay for a re-shoot.

Thanks for the kind words @AlphaCharis. Yeah, after the back to back zeroes, I decided to re-evaluate the "Hero or Zero" mentality. It really doesn't make sense for someone in C who gets one classifier per month.

The one time that I did request a reshoot was when I was experimenting with Limited and I slipped off of a barricade. It sounds worse than it was (my hat took the majority of the fall)

Here's one from last month that I kinda wish I had asked for a re-shoot. Diamond Cutter:

The light strike definitely threw me off so I sped up to try to make up for it. Big mistake. Targets were engaged left to right:

2A

2A

light strike

BC

AC

I was actually hoping that Area 1 would result in a match bump. 2 of the criteria (50 competitors in the Division and at least 5% above the ceiling for C) were met, but the 3rd (at least 3 GMs at 90%) was not.

Oh well. I have a level 2 coming up in June, but the guy in your signature is supposed to be there. Here's hoping I can shed the sandbagger label soon.

Edited by Rez805

• 2 weeks later...

Recently shot a match down in Piru as a final test before Golden Bullet. After the overly aggressive shooting at Area 1, I decided to take it a bit easier and go for points. Here's the footage along with some notes:

Let me know if I'm missing anything.

It's all one video, so here are time points for each stage. Each stage has the 3rd person view then the 1st person view

Stage 4: Start of Video

Stage 5: 1:10

Stage 6: 2:08

Stage 7: 3:03

Stage 1: 3:59

Stage 2: 4:19

Stage 3: 4:37

Stage 4: Start of Video

The steel arrays had to be engaged from the respective box.

First reload and run to the left were okay.

A couple of make ups on steel cost me time.

Second reload was okay, could have been faster

Decent swing from left target to right target

I muffed the reload. This was actually my first match (and second day ever) trying "tips out".

The final positions were weird. I engaged the middle array IDPA style. I should have shuffled to the middle so I could take the middle three easier.

Stage 5: 1:10

Plate rack was kinda far for me. I'm not too disappointed in the extra shots.

I shouldn't have stopped at the door to engage the open target and the partial/no-shoot. I should have hit the reload, run to the end and relied on my decent transition abilities.

The miss was on the right barrel target. Not even close! The bad part is that I didn't realize that I missed even with the second glance. Is there a good way to check a target? Or does it all come down to calling your shots?

Stage 6: 2:08

I liked that I was able to take that second shot on the first target and immediately move to the next array.

First reload was bad and I sauntered to the next position.

I'm not sure why the round in the chamber didn't go.

The three open targets were engaged pretty quickly and I paused to make sure I got the makeup shot on the popper. It would have been better if I hadn't missed in the first place.

The next reload was where I want to be.

The miss came on the partial/no-shoot. It must have sailed over. Again, I didn't realize that was a miss.

My big concern with this stage was the time difference between me and the stage winner. It was about 7 seconds and it's much harder to explain compared to the other stages (e.g., the star on stage 7 cost me a bunch of time or the mag fumble on stage 3 cost me a bunch of time). This might have actually come down to stage planning.

Stage 7: 3:03

The transition to that middle array in the first position was a bit of a fumble. I almost over-swung the array and almost ended up on the lone target on the left. It probably would have saved me a fraction of a second to continue the swing towards the lone target, but I was super focused on the plan. Oh well.

I took a risk by engaging the star without a reload since it felt really close. It cost me a lot. How do you balance the risk vs. reward when it comes down to a "must go 1-for-1 or you'll have to do a standing reload" situation? I'm usually pretty solid on Texas Stars, but I just didn't hook up this time.

Stage 1: 3:59

No complaints

Stage 2: 4:19

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm still in C-Class. It's gotta be a completely mental thing at this point. The sad thing is that I dry fired that classifier quite a bit the night before. At least I'm in the 50% range again!

Stage 3: 4:37

Not too bad at the beginning. The target presentation was a bit weird just before the plate rack. Basically a single target x 3 with some hard cover. Due to the front boundaries, I think I did an okay job, but I still could have been quicker.

Reload after the plate rack. What can I say? IT'S THESE MAGS!!!!!!!!! (bonus points if you get the reference to the video that was shot at that very range)

I shot with the intention of points. The pace felt subdued compared to Area 1. The movement was decent, but I'm still going to have to work on reloading while moving quickly. Hopefully I can adjust to tips-out. I'm liking how far my index finger can get compared to tips-forward

It was good to see that I could compete around the B level. I still can't help but feel that I'm a bit slow. My goal is to make A before the end of the year. Here's hoping!

592649a581cdd_DWB05212017.thumb.gif.97eae5cf3b903d0684dbe5a2b120a1a5.gif

93% of points shot

84% Alphas

about 11 seconds behind the match winner

2nd place out of 27 Production Shooters

It turns out that the 4th place Production shooter didn't have anything recorded for Stage 3. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure he would have smashed us all.

592649a479d6f_DWB052120172.thumb.gif.df9a07209baf4e17961bf4a4e48892d6.gif

Looking forward to Golden Bullet.

How to balance risk vs reward when pushing to slide lock?

Easy way: Shoot the star first next time. If you mike once on it, reload on the transition to the paper.

Better way: Learn to modulate your aggression level. Right now you're attacking everything with the same ferocity. When pushing to 11, I'd expect to see another tenth or so between shots from someone at your skill level. Times five that adds up to only half a second, and that reload cost you two.

Also, something I'm currently working on: Try to recall how fast or slow it FELT like you were shooting, then review video shortly after the match and compare splits in "I was shooting slow" vs "I shot like a madman and barely saw sights" stages.

What you'll see will surprise you. Feelings really don't matter.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...

Just shot the Golden Bullet Championship. Overall, I'm satisfied. I went in with a goal of top 20 in Production (No real reason. Just a goal). Came in at 19th in Production. High C (yippee). More important to me: I would have been 3rd A and/or 3rd B so that was kinda cool. Also interesting to see just how big of a gap there is between me and a multiple-time national champ both in points and time. Unfortunately, my hatcam died so no 1st person view. Of course, there's a lot of info you can only see in 3rd person. Sorry for the shakiness.

Some thoughts (Stage by Stage in the order I shot them):

Stage 8

• A couple of extra shots that didn't end up helping out very much. Especially the very last shot.
  • Good entry on the Max Trap. Hit the Pepper Popper no prob (same goes for the small popper). 

Stage 1 (0:32)

• One malfunction on the first array. I'm not sure what it was. I don't think it's the striker as I didn't have any further light strikes.
  • Satisfied with that reload and move to the second array. This reload was only necessary because of the malfunction at the beginning.
  • The back half was an interesting engagement order that would have made more sense if I had my hatcam.
  • The makeup shot at the very end was a good call as I hit on the left portion of the hardcover.

Stage 2 (1:04)

• The classifier rears its ugly head yet again. 1 mike. I think I was around 53% Classification (Production) according to an online resource. I did feel like I played it as cool as I could. Oh well.

Stage 3 (1:55)

• I tried to get aggressive at the door by hitting the big Speed Steel, Small Speed Steel, Swinger then repeating. It didn't work out on the second half.
  • The most frustrating part was the left "island". I thought I pegged the no-shoot so I took a makeup. It turns out that it was just a shadow caused by a staple. That cost an appreciable amount of time.
  • The reload on the move between the islands was not smooth. I try to reload within the first few steps of movement all the time. Does anyone take into account the distance between the move for the reload timing? (e.g., long distance = run like hell then finish the reload vs. short distance = reload within the first step) Or is that just overthinking it? In hindsight, I probably could have dashed to the second island and completed the reload upon entering. Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

Stage 4 (2:37)

• Brain fart at the beginning. I hit the steel but paused to re-check. I have no idea why I did that. According to the RO's, this stage accounted for the most DQ's in the match. Glad I wasn't a statistic.
  • This stage was my only hit on a no-shoot for the match.

Stage 5 (3:10)

• This felt pretty good. I was happy with the way I was able to take the shot and move on. The left clamshell was 2A. The right clamshell was AC. 
  • I decided not to try "Steel, Steel, Paper, Paper, Clamshell".
  • I decided not to try shuffle right engage, shuffle left engage, run to the left end, run to the right end. I thought about it but decided against it.

Stage 6 (3:44)

• I started on the first way too slow, but picked up the pace on the remaining 3.
  • I took way too long to start engaging at the second position
  • Almost fumbled the reload but recovered.
  • My second (and final) mike came at the end in the form of a hardcover target. I thought the shot on the shot felt a bit funky, but the mindgame of "minimize make-up shots" got the better of me.

Stage 7 (4:17)

• Started off with a Range Equipment Failure (activator not set). I was smiling inside as I felt that messed up. Indeed, I heard a bit of chatter regarding a mike.
  • The second run was marred with 4 Deltas (2 of them coming on the swinger).

Other thoughts

Stage Planning Ahead of time

This match was 8 stages in one day. I didn't try to walk the stages the day before--as I did at Area 1. I was a bit concerned that I would get flustered thinking over options. I turned out that my plans were pretty solid even without the extra day to "practice".

Engagement Order on Swingers, Clamshells, etc.

As noted in Stage 5, I decided to play it safe on the clamshells. I'm having a tough time deciding if this is a mental game or me just being "lazy" (for a lack of a better term). I see the preview and don't think much about it other than "Slow" "Fast" and "In Between". That tends to guide my decisions for engagement order. I guess that most activators/clamshells/swingers "feel" fast, so I play it safe. 

Then again, on Stage 3 I took the riskiest plan.

Is there a rule of thumb for Swinger, Clamshell engagement that you use? Or does the multitude of possibilities/combinations make this a case-by-case kind of deal?

Comparing to Others (Speed)

I mentioned that there was a sizable gap between me and a multi-year national champ. Points, Alphas, Time. I recall one of his podcasts where he notes that when questioning where you're losing time compared to a superior shooter, it's probably a little bit of everything. Looking at the people who place ahead of me, it's clear that I'm lacking in something. Where do you think I'm losing the most time?

Here are my thoughts on my speed (Good and Bad)

(+) I feel like my movement overall was pretty solid for me. I wouldn't say that I was pushing the envelope between positions. There were a couple of instances of sauntering, but not too much.

(-) Much of the slowness in movement was due to not nailing the reload in the first few steps as I (at this time) choose as I leave. This could change in the future.

(+) Reloads were generally average from what I'm used to seeing in my past videos. There were occasions where I fumbled a bit costing me time and earning me a self-assigned (-) above.

(+/-) I tried shooting on the move sparingly (Stage 1 on the second to last array and Stage 4 after the brain fart). I don't know that there were many other places I would choose to shoot on the move. But I think there are opportunities to get a better handle on shooting into positions.

(-) The majority of the extra shots probably didn't help except for that one hardcover makeup.

(-) Shooting into position. Definitely need to practice this. Case in Point: 3:53. That felt like an eternity to hit an open target.

(+) Getting off the crapper. I felt decent. Both times.

My calculations put me at

87.78% of points shot before penalties

76.11% Alphas

A: 172

B: 1

C: 39

D: 12

M: 2

NPM: 0

NS: 1

Bottom Line: Deltas Hurt. Mikes Hurt. No Shoots Hurt. Stop getting those.

Power Factor

Probably a minor thing, but my recipe came in at 139 PF. It felt great. I guess I won't be playing the "floor game" for the foreseeable future.

UPDATE:

As more competitors are posting their match vids (including the 2nd Place Production shooter), I'm beginning to take note of what they're doing "better" or "differently". I wish I had video software skills. I'd love to queue up stages and synchronize the starts. In the meantime, I'll make use of multiple screens.

Edited by Rez805