Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Tactical Sport or Czechmate Technical Problem Question

adrone

I wanted to see if any of you guys have run into this issue. I have a new Czechmate. My trigger pull was sitting around 1lb 7oz. I have recently installed the extra wide left hand safety like the one that comes on the new Tactical Sport Orange. Another guy I know put the wide left safety on a stock Tactical Sports.

After installing the safety my trigger pull has gone up dramatically to about 2lb 2oz. If I put the stock Czecmate safety back in trigger drops back to 1lb 7oz.

My friend has had the same result with his Tactical Sport.

I was looking for differences in the pin running through the cage and the only thing that is noticeable is the retention groove or channel that holds the safety retention leg of the sear spring is not as deep and not as wide on the new safety.

Could the spring leg sitting in the groove in a higher position be causing more tension or pressure on the sear??? 

Or could the pin itself have a slightly larger diameter causing the sear cage to have less play in it?

Forgive my ignorance I'm fairly new to this and I'm certainly not a technical guy just trying to figure out whats going on as there seems to be zero local knowledge on the Tactical Sports or Czechmates.

Thanks

Lol. Yes that would be ideal. Thats why I included the "I'm certainly not a technical guy." I'm not equipped to measure that at this point. I have a tape measure thats about it......

I was more asking the question as a theoretical probability........I could only imagine either the diameter of the pin or the depth of the groove would be the two obvious variables..... I was considering taking the dremel with the cut off wheel and modifying the groove to match the original safety pin by eye......lol. If I screw up Ill have to go back to the original trigger pull I guess....

Thanks for the advice guys. After a few hours and 3 disassembly rassemblies I have got the trigger back to what it was with the old safety.  Against my better judgement I used the dremel with cutting wheel and I made the notch in the safety pin deeper until the leg of the spring was resting up against the curve in the cage as it was with the other safety. The cutting wheel was a hair wider than the notch so I also

widened it in doing so. I also polished the pin itself.

i checked today and what I did solved the problem. The back leg of the spring now rests in its original location and the trigger is pulling right around 1 lb 8 maybe 9oz. 

If any of you have the same issue let me know and I will send you detailed pictures that illustrate the problem and the solution....

I cut the pin deeper and polished the pin at the same time then reassembled so there is an unknown variable there but I suspect it is the depth of the notch that had increased the trigger pull and not the diameter of the pin....Either way if you do both it should solve the problem

Edited by adrone

What extended safety did you use? I used the one from CZ custom, and I had no issues with the trigger pull, it is the same just a tad over 1.5 lb. I used this one which is SPECIFIC for the TS/Czechmate:

https://czcustom.com/cz-tactical-sports-cz-ts-extended-ambi-safety-lhs.html

I am wondering if you installed the one for the shadow, which is different and the spring may not be sitting right in the groove. They look the same but are for two different guns. Here is the one for the Shadow:

https://czcustom.com/cz-75-extended-ambi-safety-lhs.html

On a side note, congrats on your new Czechmate. You just purchased the most reliable open gun in existence. We have four members shoot them at our club and one at our neighboring club. Yet to ever see a jam or malfunction.

Edited by abb1

27 minutes ago, abb1 said:

What extended safety did you use? I used the one from CZ custom, and I had no issues with the trigger pull, it is the same just a tad over 1.5 lb. I used this one which is SPECIFIC for the TS/Czechmate:

https://czcustom.com/cz-tactical-sports-cz-ts-extended-ambi-safety-lhs.html

I am wondering if you installed the one for the shadow, which is different and the spring may not be sitting right in the groove. They look the same but are for two different guns. Here is the one for the Shadow:

https://czcustom.com/cz-75-extended-ambi-safety-lhs.html

On a side note, congrats on your new Czechmate. You just purchased the most reliable open gun in existence. We have four members shoot them at our club and one at our neighboring club. Yet to ever see a jam or malfunction.

I purchased over the phone and on my invoice it said the safety was for the tactical sport....Just a slight difference between it and my original pin I suppose. Manufacturing tolerance issue maybe?? I dunno I'm just glad it is solved. 

I have had 100% reliability out of the Czechmate once I bought an extended firing pin from cz custom. Prior to that it was light striking majors with hard primers. The gun will run minor or major pretty much any brand and any reload I have put through it for about 4k rds now.

• 1 month later...

I recently bought the checkmate but am new to SA triggers and brand new to high end set ups:

My trigger has alittle bit of side to side wobble/play in it. Is this normal, perhaps insignificant, or should I look into contacting CZ. maybe have one refitt

At the break, more clarification is...after the break, I notice it feels a tad bit mushy almost like the material that the set screw is made out of could be better.

*Maybe though, I am just over squeezing due to inexperience with a good SA trigger? All my experience is with striker fired and DA/SA stuff.

Edited by buckyjames1