Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger getting stuck resetting from double action

Malarkey

After probably 10k rounds through my S2 it is starting to develop an issue where the trigger will get kind of stuck in the rearward position on a double action pull. It's really only noticeable when dryfiring as the cycling of the slide will reset the trigger. The cycling of the slide seems to keep it from happening. I'm thinking maybe the disco is worn down or something similar.

I want to fix this before it actually becomes a bigger issue and I'm hoping someone has already had this experience and knows a solution. Here are a list of parts that are in the gun.

CGW T3 Disco

1 Piece Xtreme Sear

13# Wolf Spring  

And you still have an issue... time to get "methodical".  Strip it down to trigger only in the frame. Make sure that swings free  without sticking. Add the plunger.  Ensure all is well.  Disassemble, clean, lube, assemble and add the sear assembly, check. Then the hammer, check. Really do a close inspect on disassembly, you may find the offending problem without the bother of multiple assembly / checking of each element. Everything should swing and flop freely when out and isolated and should move smoothly when in the frame.

That's how I would tackle it anyway. Luck!

Thanks! If I remember...I think when I had just the trigger assembly in and the hammer assembly the disco was kind of grinding on the bar. I may start there and polish up or replace the disco...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow-up.  I've seemed to find a solution to the issue in the most unlikely of ways.

I swapped my trigger bar plunger spring back out to one from a clicky pen from the factory one and it seems to have fixed the issue. Now the trigger is working fine, and is way lighter. I'd say win win, but I don't want to jinx it...