Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production Mag Pouches

RUManCOKE

I just switched to limited for the year but shot production the last two years with a 34. I used Ghost pouches and never had a problem with any of them. They come with the bullets out and bullets forward bodies so you can switch it up and try one or the other. I think they are the best bang for the buck. No frills, bells and whistles, just solid mag pouches.

And they work with almost any other double stack mag I have too so that's a plus.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally stepped up to a competition belt and got Ghost 360s the other day, have only used in dry fire so far, love them. I am running bullets out. Will say though only previous experience was kydex jobs and "tactical" nylon pouches. The adjustment could be a little obnoxious if you want everything locked down real tight, but they'll still ratchet set tight enough it's highly unlikely to move inadvertently.

While researching them did come across some complaints about them taking up too much real estate, they don't seem like it to me.

FYI if you aren't interested in trying bullets out the hybrids are like $15ea.

• 2 weeks later...

You probably have made a call already but I can comment on the Ghost vs the racers. I cracked my ghost pouch body in the first position after 5 month with daily dryfire practice. I would beat my chest and brag, but I know of another guy here locally with the same issue. The 360s break the bond between inner and outer belt and the base is pretty wide. DAA racers are new to me, when going bullets out be sure to locktite the nut/bolt on the side of the body. The racers do not break the bond with the inner belt, are slightly more adjustable, adjustable for retention without tools, and most importantly provide great retention but a very smooth release when it's time to let go. Easily justifying the 6$ price tag difference per each. Eventually I will abandon the 360s, but right now my first two pouches are racers and the rest ghosts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, funkymonkey1111 said:

i've been looking at these, and am wondering why they aren't more popular--they seem to be superior to all others

Quite a bit harder to find and also cost a good bit more. DAAs work well enough.

• 2 weeks later...

not my video, but i've switched racers to bullets out as well. just takes a little fiddling and extra parts to get it how i wanted.

I am quite fond of the racers. As long as you keep the acorn nut loctite'd they are fantastic. So much easier for mag retrieval. Got a couple race masters to start playing with as well. All in all if you are very serious about shooting production the racer is at the top of my list

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:26 AM, ArrDave said:

You probably have made a call already but I can comment on the Ghost vs the racers. I cracked my ghost pouch body in the first position after 5 month with daily dryfire practice. I would beat my chest and brag, but I know of another guy here locally with the same issue. The 360s break the bond between inner and outer belt and the base is pretty wide. DAA racers are new to me, when going bullets out be sure to locktite the nut/bolt on the side of the body. The racers do not break the bond with the inner belt, are slightly more adjustable, adjustable for retention without tools, and most importantly provide great retention but a very smooth release when it's time to let go. Easily justifying the 6$ price tag difference per each. Eventually I will abandon the 360s, but right now my first two pouches are racers and the rest ghosts

FWIW the newest Ghost pouches have a narrower mounting setup and are about a half inch narrower than the previous ones. If you run the pouches bullets out, the mounting is the same width as the bullets out pouches. I have 6 of the wide style and 2 of the new style and am waiting to hear back if I can order the new style without buying the entire new pouch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...