Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production Mag Pouches

RUManCOKE

Hi All, This Is my first post so please forgive me if I don't follow the forum etiquette correctly. 
I've been Shooting Production for about a year (14 Matches). I have been using Black Scorpion mag pouches. They worked fine but have to many screws that like to back out. I was running a Black scorpion belt but have upgraded to the very stiff DAA belt (and love it).

Im now in the market for new pouches. My question is which pouches do yall recommend for Production division shooting a Glock 34? I have done some research and have narrowed it down to CR Speed, DAA Racer, and just started looking in to Ghost.

I've read a few threads on here about pouches but most are focused on limited or open.

The CR Speed's have the cut out for finger indexing but I see a lot of people using the Racers also. Is this something that is crucial?  

I'm not looking to go bullets out. 

Thanks in advance for Any and All advice.

57 minutes ago, Broski said:

I was debating racers vs ghost, and decided on racers... Absolutely love mine... I just didn't like the adjustment method with the ghost

+1

52 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

I went with Racers, very happy with them. Haven't used the Ghost so I can't comment. I just prefer to buy one, and I heard more complaints about the Ghost than the DAA Racers.

Have either of yall had experience with CR Speed? 

I ran with CR Speeds for a year plus. I liked them. Easy to install once you set them up they don't move. Easy to adjust the retention. I only moved to race masters for Open due to the adjustability of them. I still run my CR speeds for Single Stack. 

Rum

It's a Ford/ Chevy thing between Cr speed and daa racers

I own sets of each both do the job great.

Buy the one that is on sale at the time

Btw

Daa race masters are my favourite but there more expensive

RUManCoke

I would be interested in hearing what you finally decide on getting. I'm setting up a production belt although I don't expect to do a lot of matches in production this year as I'm planning on spending most of my time shooting steel. But still I will enter a couple of local matches, two or three probably.

I decided and have ordered the Ghost 360s. Already I have a DAA premium belt and DAA PDR PRO-II holster for my G17 so just needed the mag pouches. I really wanted to get the racer pouches but the cost held me back (I have spent a ton of $$$ on firearms/gear over the last 3-4 years). It would be different if I were planning to do a lot of production shooting but alas no.  To be honest I'm so far detached from this that I haven't decided on bullets out or forward. Just want to be ready to go when the time comes.

I shot a couple of USPSA matches production using my IDPA rig, a regular leather carry belt, a couple of uncle mikes double mag pouches and a comp-tac paddle holster. The DAA PDR is a real improvement. Not to say that the comp-tac isn't a good holster, it is, but sits too close to the body for fast draws.

I run the CR Speeds for five divisions (Production, Carry Optics, Limited 10, Open and PCC) and have been quite happy with them.  The mag comes out of them without a problem yet they hold it securely.

I did add a small screw though the bottom of the mounting bracket into the belt.  It's not visible and they don't rock or slide at all this way.

The only other improvement I've made is to replace the nut on the tension screw with a non-slip nylon one from Ace Hardware.  They cost less than 20 cents.

10 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Have you tried loctite?

I'm completely aware of how to stop the screw backing out problem. I also don't like the wide base. I don't like how there only supported at 3 points making them wobbly  The screws was just one of the things I don't like about them. But rather then waste every ones time with multiple reasons that I don't like something I decided to get advise and opinions on the three mag pouches I listed earlier. 

But thanks for offering up a solution. 

9 hours ago, XD Niner said:

I run the CR Speeds for five divisions (Production, Carry Optics, Limited 10, Open and PCC) and have been quite happy with them.  The mag comes out of them without a problem yet they hold it securely.

I did add a small screw though the bottom of the mounting bracket into the belt.  It's not visible and they don't rock or slide at all this way.

The only other improvement I've made is to replace the nut on the tension screw with a non-slip nylon one from Ace Hardware.  They cost less than 20 cents.

Thanks, your opinion seems to be the Norm when it come to the CR Speed. I think I am going to follow suit. Thanks again. 

10 hours ago, firewood said:

RUManCoke

I would be interested in hearing what you finally decide on getting. I'm setting up a production belt although I don't expect to do a lot of matches in production this year as I'm planning on spending most of my time shooting steel. But still I will enter a couple of local matches, two or three probably.

I decided and have ordered the Ghost 360s. Already I have a DAA premium belt and DAA PDR PRO-II holster for my G17 so just needed the mag pouches. I really wanted to get the racer pouches but the cost held me back (I have spent a ton of $$$ on firearms/gear over the last 3-4 years). It would be different if I were planning to do a lot of production shooting but alas no.  To be honest I'm so far detached from this that I haven't decided on bullets out or forward. Just want to be ready to go when the time comes.

I shot a couple of USPSA matches production using my IDPA rig, a regular leather carry belt, a couple of uncle mikes double mag pouches and a comp-tac paddle holster. The DAA PDR is a real improvement. Not to say that the comp-tac isn't a good holster, it is, but sits too close to the body for fast draws.

As far as the holster go I'm running a Blade Tec with the BOSS hanger. It's a very solid mount. I don't have any knowledge of the IDPA rules.  I do love my DAA belt. super stiff. 

15 hours ago, XD Niner said:

Agree. It's very hard to beat the CR Speed pouches for the cost.

23 hours ago, RUManCOKE said:

Do you run bullets out? Just wondering if you like it better. 

If you're used to bullets forward, I'd just stick with it. You can try bullets out, but I don't think you'll see a benefit unless your bullets forward ability to reload is limited.

I just ordered a set from Red Hill Tactical, haven't got them yet as there is a 3 to 4 week turn arround.  I have one of his holsters and it was top notch.  I' had the Racer, the cr speed, I didn't like either one.  I think when companies try to make a one for all there's always something lacking.  Right now I'm running 4 center of mass pouches and they were made to fit glock pouches, and they are excellent, but I believe they are no longer in business after Rick passed.  The Red Hill pouches you can order them with an open front or closed, I got the open because they are supposed to be faster..  if you can wait and the pouches are for one type of mag, go custom.