Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best red dot for sunlight

ShortBus

Pistol? Rifle?  The Aimpoint T1/H1 is great for bright sun, but that is on a rifle.  I really like the Leupold DeltaPoint, original and Pro.  I've never had a problem in the bright sun.

Which Vortex are you running?

I chose the DP Pro 7.5 delta for my open pistol, but that's also because I have 3 other DP's, all with the delta.  I really like that reticle because it isn't just a huge dot, but has a fine point on the top.  The window on that optic is way bigger than any of the Vortex options.  To me, $400 was a lot to pay for, but will be worth it.  The auto brightness adjust is a great feature and really works fine in the brightest of sun.  I've never had a situation (low angle, high angle, morning, afternoon, summer, winter) in which the dot (well, the delta, in my case) washed out.  I suppose you'll have to get back to us concerning whether the smaller dot washes out, but I suspect it won't.

Hello: Try a bigger dot module in the C-More slide ride. An 8MOA dot will be very bright even in direct sunlight. If it is not you can tape off the back side of the lens so you can see the dot. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

My RTS2 is extremely bright.  I'm in sunny California, and it never goes to the highest setting unless the battery is wearing out. In fact, I have to swap out a good battery with a low one amd drop the brightness setting to the lowest position in order to dryfire in my garage, which is relatively well lit. 

https://cpwsa.com/products/guga-ribas-c-more-scope-protector

It looks better in person.  The guy who showed it to me said it works pretty well in the Florida sun.  I've been using a 6moa or 8moa dot (definitely brighter than the 6moa, BTW) on C-mores and haven't had a problem unless the sun is very low and behind my back, which is a situation I don't think the sunshade would help. 

1 hour ago, Bamboo said:

https://cpwsa.com/products/guga-ribas-c-more-scope-protector

It looks better in person.  The guy who showed it to me said it works pretty well in the Florida sun.  I've been using a 6moa or 8moa dot (definitely brighter than the 6moa, BTW) on C-mores and haven't had a problem unless the sun is very low and behind my back, which is a situation I don't think the sunshade would help. 

I wish there was something like this for the RTS2, not so much for glare but just to protect it.