Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ernie Hill ?

3GDad

Curious if anyone has spoken to Ernie Hill recently.  I can't reach him.

I sent him $385 in January for a holster, 4 mag pouches and a belt for my Son, and hasn't replied to phone calls, emails, text messages or Facebook page messages since receiving my payment.  I had to dispute the charge with PayPal, it's been 7 weeks, no shipment and no reply from Ernie.  My son sees him on Facebook actively liking posts, but will not respond.  I ordered the gear my son needs from another vendor so he can start the season, unfortunately I'm out $385 with nothing to show for it, and will have to work with PayPal for a refund, shouldn't be too difficult as he hasnt replied to them either, but will have to wait and go through the process.  Curious if anyone knows what is going on with this guy.

Nope, he did not.  Does he typically take over 2 months? If he would just respond with some sort of ETA, or explanation it would make me feel much better, but no reply for 7 weeks to all kinds of attempts to reach him makes me feel like I've lost my money and he has no intention of shipping anything.

Thanks for the post, I felt the same way.  I was hoping he was a good guy, and wanted to give him time, at this point it seems ridiculous to keep chasing him.  I had a friend ask people at Area 2 if they had seen him, no luck.  I had friends who dealt with him in the past reach out to him for me by email, no luck. I call his cell phone (both of them) and send texts, no luck. Facebook message him while he is actively posting on Facebook, no luck.  I put an order in for the gear with another vendor last night.  The vendor I ordered from last night responded immediately and shipment is going out today. I feel like a fool waiting 7 weeks for any reply from Ernie and still waiting.  He had no problem communicating with me until he got our money, after that, nothing. Very disappointed. I was hoping someone on the forum would post that they've seen him or spoke to him and there was a good explanation, but so far it is still a mystery.

Edited by 3GDad
Correction

After digging around I found some troubling information.  It goes back a little over a year, but seems sponsored shooters were returning his gear to him and boycotting him. I don't want to post the reason why, it's pretty ugly. Doesn't explain what happened to me, but sounds like his reputation is very questionable.  What happened to me and my son is nothing compared to what I read, I will accept this as a loss and a poor choice of vendor, and will move on, definitely do not want to deal with this guy.

I had a similar situation ten years ago - bought some customized mags from a

guy here on BE - he had a stellar reputation - but I chased him for six months

before I got my 2011 9mm mags.    :angry:

Finally got them - hope you do, too.    :) 

4 hours ago, 3GDad said:

After digging around I found some troubling information.  It goes back a little over a year, but seems sponsored shooters were returning his gear to him and boycotting him. I don't want to post the reason why, it's pretty ugly. Doesn't explain what happened to me, but sounds like his reputation is very questionable.  What happened to me and my son is nothing compared to what I read, I will accept this as a loss and a poor choice of vendor, and will move on, definitely do not want to deal with this guy.

It's not that ugly. He said out loud what many just think. I can not explain why he has not helped you but I have always gotten responses when I emailed him .

Long time lurker here...just registered to give my 2 cents about this. I really wanted to run Guga Ribas/Ernie Hill gear. I also placed an order with him directly, he billed me and shortly afterwards stopped responding (around early February); email, text, call or facebook. Long story short i was approaching my credit card dispute window and had to protect myself in case something happened. So I ended up disputing the charge due to vendor not responding back order status. I was able to get my money charged back thankfully.

Its a shame, because I really wanted to run the product, and honestly hope that everything is ok on his side. Its odd for someone to just stop responding. and reading this it seems I am not an isolated incident. 

I hope you reach a resolution whether it be through Ernie or your bank.

When I first ordered directly through him my order got mixed up or passed over and I had to contact him again to get it going.

he was apologetic about the mistake and threw in a surprising amount of free stuff to make it up to me.

hopefully he gets it together.

I honestly have not heard nor read anything bad about Ernie Hill.  I did order my holster from him more than a year ago and got it in a week.  I am surprised that he has not been responding to emails or calls.  He usually would post on FB but have not seen anything recently.  Let's all keep our fingers crossed that everything is ok on his side.

If all efforts to reach him prove futile, try getting in touch with Guga Ribas himself.  Ernie is one of Guga's distributor here in the US.

It is strange.  I was thinking something might be up, and wanted to give him time to respond, I hope he is ok, but this week will be 2 months since the order and need to do something.  If he hit reply to any of our emails, txt messages, or Facebook messages and simply said sorry for the delay and working on it, I would feel so much better, and wouldn't have any issue, but we see him liking posts on Facebook, we can see when he is active on Facebook, and he responded to folks who wished him a Happy Birthday on his page last week, but still won't reply to us. I have no idea why he won't reply but appears he is active online.

12 hours ago, theamarath said:

Long time lurker here...just registered to give my 2 cents about this. I really wanted to run Guga Ribas/Ernie Hill gear. I also placed an order with him directly, he billed me and shortly afterwards stopped responding (around early February); email, text, call or facebook. Long story short i was approaching my credit card dispute window and had to protect myself in case something happened. So I ended up disputing the charge due to vendor not responding back order status. I was able to get my money charged back thankfully.

Its a shame, because I really wanted to run the product, and honestly hope that everything is ok on his side. Its odd for someone to just stop responding. and reading this it seems I am not an isolated incident. 

I hope you reach a resolution whether it be through Ernie or your bank.

Thanks very much much posting this.  I wasn't sure if I was the only one, and didn't know what to make of it.  It's good to hear you were able to secure a refund through your credit card. I sent a PayPal payment, very happy we didn't send it through friends and family, we would be at a total loss.  I'm hoping PayPal will make us whole once they complete their process.

11 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Anyone know how old Ernie is, now?   He still running this, or have his kids taken over?

I think his boy is making a run at pro golf.

I was getting worried that it was too late.  I just started the claim process with PayPal for non delivery 2 days ago, on Friday. It looks like they require time to investigate before it is all resolved, but looks like I got the claim started in time.  I waited so long because Ernie was recommended by a sponsored shooter we know well (who felt really bad that this happened and tried to help, but he got no reply either), and I wanted to believe it would work out.  Never expected it would come to this.  I ordered replacement gear from another vendor this weekend so my son can start the season next weekend with his new gun, our first 2011, he is really excited.

I will be happy when I hear good news from PayPal, but looks like it will require a bit of time for them to complete their investigation.  They are giving him 2 weeks to reply to their message before proceeding to the next step. Not sure how long before I get a refund. I also hope Ernie is ok, but I have to say, when we saw him active on Facebook, posting and liking other posts, but not replying to our email, text, voicemail and Facebook messages, it makes me wonder what is going on.  Unfortunately it is still a mystery.  He replied to our sponsor shooter friend to thank him for the happy birthday message but didn't respond to his inquiry about our order status.  Very, very strange.