Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ernie Hill ?

3GDad

On 3/12/2017 at 9:37 PM, 3GDad said:

I will be happy when I hear good news from PayPal, but looks like it will require a bit of time for them to complete their investigation.  They are giving him 2 weeks to reply to their message before proceeding to the next step. Not sure how long before I get a refund. I also hope Ernie is ok, but I have to say, when we saw him active on Facebook, posting and liking other posts, but not replying to our email, text, voicemail and Facebook messages, it makes me wonder what is going on.  Unfortunately it is still a mystery.  He replied to our sponsor shooter friend to thank him for the happy birthday message but didn't respond to his inquiry about our order status.  Very, very strange.

I have the same issue with my holster which I ordered in December.. My last reply from him was in the first week of January and did not hear a word from him afterwards. I tried email and FB messenger to ask question about the status of my order and never hear a word from him. I need action to get my money back from Paypal.

On 3/12/2017 at 0:54 AM, theamarath said:

Long time lurker here...just registered to give my 2 cents about this. I really wanted to run Guga Ribas/Ernie Hill gear. I also placed an order with him directly, he billed me and shortly afterwards stopped responding (around early February); email, text, call or facebook. Long story short i was approaching my credit card dispute window and had to protect myself in case something happened. So I ended up disputing the charge due to vendor not responding back order status. I was able to get my money charged back thankfully.

Its a shame, because I really wanted to run the product, and honestly hope that everything is ok on his side. Its odd for someone to just stop responding. and reading this it seems I am not an isolated incident. 

I hope you reach a resolution whether it be through Ernie or your bank.

Can you advise the process to dispute my payment through PP to Ernie Hill because we are in the same boat. I ordered the holster last December and never heard a word from him after paying. 

9 minutes ago, tanfoglio1911 said:

Can you advise the process to dispute my payment through PP to Ernie Hill because we are in the same boat. I ordered the holster last December and never heard a word from him after paying. 

I am sorry to hear you got caught up in the same mess.

You can click on the "activity" tab when you are logged into PayPal and choose a longer time frame than 30 days from the drop down menu to bring up the payment you sent in December.  Click on that payment. The good news is you have upto 6 months to file a dispute. Once you click on the payment under the activity tab, it brings up the details of that transaction and you will see blue highlighted text which says "notify seller of problem" click on that and send the message to Ernie through PayPal. If you don't get a reply you can then escalate it to PayPal to resolve, there will be a link to do this under the "open disputes" link on your homepage , but they will give him another few weeks to reply to them, seems like a long process, definitely start it now,

It's interesting to hear that you ordered in December and didn't head back after that.

I was introduced to Ernie by email on Jan 6 and he replied 2-1/2 hours later.  

I sent an email on Jan 9th to ask about pricing and got a detailed reply on Jan 11

He sent another follow up email,to encourage me to order soon, because he was putting together a larger order to be submitted to Guga Ribas on Jan 19th.  This sounds like the time you were trying to reach him without success.

After he confirmed receipt of my payment we never heard from him again.

This is bad. I don't have any issue with my previous order from him. I heard the same issue from a friend that lives in west coast and I think I really need to dispute this before it's too late. Thank you and hope we can all get the money back we paid for nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I'm surprised the Mods have let this thread continue ....

But, very happy to see that they did - important info for all of us.   

Threads about Companies that potentially rip people off should never be closed. For one thing, if they go long enough the company could ultimately be vindicated.

Really hate to see this happen. 

GR COMMUNICATED!!!
Reaffirming our compromise with our customers and trade of total transparency,

We´d like to inform that after 3 years of co-branding with Ernie Hill Speed Co of our holsters and magazine pouches, this agreement is ending now.

Our companies changed the strategies heading to different goals and this is the main motive for this movement.

We wish the best to EHS Co and we´d like also to thank for all the business we’ve done together.

VERY IMPORTANT INFO

GR Company is now directly supporting all customers (with or without the co-brand logo).

We are confident that this change will bring greater agility to serving our customers and partners. Therefore, we are certain of your understanding and support.

If you need any assistance, technical or commercial, please send us a message at contact@gugaribas.com.br .

We will be more than happy to receive your request and meet your every need.

Sincerely,

Guga Ribas

CEO

Edited by scooterj

I am in the same boat... Ernie Hill stopped communicating with me in February after I sent him payment for my Guga Ribas Universal holster and an inner/outer belt.  I hope Ernie is ok... I am still hopeful that this will be squared away but my confidence is waning after reading this thread...

I have not seen him on FB lately. I hope he is ok that nothing happened to him. This happened out of the blue. I sent him a message the other day and heard nothing back. I did see a post on FB from Guga Ribas that Ernie will not longer be in partnership or distribute for Gugas anymore.

So IDK whats going on, I just hope that he is ok.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

RO'd for the Friendship Classic at Norco (Wally Arrida), Ernie Hill was a sponsor.  He personally gave all the volunteer ROs' a gift certificate for any one of his holsters.  Just saying.

Wow this is a bummer to hear about Ernie. I bought 3 belts, 3 mag pouches, 1 magnetic pouche, a holster, and a backpack from him. Always was shipped very quickly. His communication was always really great too. I did notice he disappeared from Facebook for a while but recently seen him posting again.

Just saw an ad on Facebook.  Looks like Ernie is back in business under Ernie Hill Speed.   I'm sure everyone's questions will be answered.   Ernie is a great guy and always has had fantastic products.  Lets all get behind him and wish him luck in this new adventure.

3 hours ago, AzShooter said:

Just saw an ad on Facebook.  Looks like Ernie is back in business under Ernie Hill Speed.   I'm sure everyone's questions will be answered.   Ernie is a great guy and always has had fantastic products.  Lets all get behind him and wish him luck in this new adventure.

Ernie has been using the name Ernie Hill Speed for a while. He was using it when he sold Guga Ribas gear. Before he disappeared he was talking about going back in to selling premium quality leather holsters again like he used to.

• 2 years later...
On 3/12/2017 at 3:55 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Anyone know how old Ernie is, now?   He still running this, or have his kids taken over?

This is 2020 & I just stumbled on this thread.  Ernie Hill is 64 years old. Sad that I am hearing about this.  He is actively making holsters for fast draw but I hear about this issue occasionally.  It's a one man operation with helpers.