Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCWs - data question

slappy

Some of us have a few high-quality magazines that aren't used in competition or abused in any way, yet are thoroughly tested.  If you have a Taurus magazine, definitely carry a spare.  Or carry eight guns, because, you know, better to have and not need, and all that.

Q- what's "reasonable" for EDC.

A- The largest caliber, highest capacity firearm you can reasonably carry given the location, circumstances, social situation, etc. and if necessary, a backup.

In other words, it depends entirely on who you are and your situation and should not be dictated or legislated based on someone else's opinion no matter how informed they may be.

Me personally, I carry a commander length 1911 in .45acp, and 3 mags on an average weekday.

Edited by JeremiahD

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, MAC702 said:

Well said, Jeremiah!

Even if you apparently live in a war zone...   :D

Thanks!

That's the beauty of judging your own situation rather than having it legislated to you:  Some folks may need an M4, 6 30 round mags, 210 rounds of ammo, a full size combat sidearm with four mags and a layer of ballistic plate.  Others may only require a 6-shot  .380 and some Bermuda shorts.  May even be the same person, just on different weekends.  Far be it from me to say whats reasonable unless I'm in their boots/sandals at that given moment :) 

Edited by JeremiahD
spelling