Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC 3-gun incoming

Benz1

My first 2011 is here and I got to fingerbang it yesterday but its in MD jail for the 7 day waiting period. Anything special I need to know or any advice for a new 2011 guy? Ordered a few extra STI 140mm mags to go with it. STI assured me prior to ordering that it would run factory 9mm ammo, as I don't reload at this time. Also grabbed a Bladetech Perfect 10 DOH holster, which I was assured would fit.

My son and one of my good friends have been running theirs for about a year now with great success. Both ran perfect out of the box on factory ammo with STI mags. Added Dawson mag extensions with Grams springs and followers, but the stock bases & springs worked just fine. He has the Perfect 10 holster and loves it for 3-gun never a worry about losing it. Run a couple of boxes of good factory ammo and then figure out what you like. He likes 147gr.

gerritm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another 800 rounds without a hiccup after a 3 day day/night training class. Absolutely love it, and the only "problem" is that the 2 mags that came with the gun (black, possibly DLC coated?) don't drop free. The other STI mags I have (unfinished) drop perfectly. I'll call STI and see what they say

Another 800 rounds without a hiccup after a 3 day day/night training class. Absolutely love it, and the only "problem" is that the 2 mags that came with the gun (black, possibly DLC coated?) don't drop free. The other STI mags I have (unfinished) drop perfectly. I'll call STI and see what they say

Atlas Gunworks did a video about this a couple months ago.