Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production legal sights for M&P9

kcobean

I've been a Limited division guy for years.  Shooting a little production this year, but my M&P9 has a worn out pair of night sights on it.  I want to put a set of sights on it better suited to competition.  What are people using these days?  Dawson Precision competition?  Found these:

https://dawsonprecision.com/smith-and-wesson-m-p-22-competition-fixed-sight-set/

I'd greatly appreciate input from those shooting M&P's in competition.

Thanks.

I have fiber front and adjustable rear Dawsons on my M&P Pro.  I found the fiber in the rear to be distracting, so I blacked it out with black paint.

I wonder if they plan on making adjustable sights again for the M&P?

On 3/14/2017 at 9:56 PM, JimmyBob said:

Be careful with your ordering, your link URL says "m-p-22" and the European import M&P22 doesn't use the same sights as the real M&P line.

Thanks JimmyBob.  I ended up ordering this one:

https://dawsonprecision.com/warren-tactical-s-w-m-p-fixed-competition-sevigny-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/  

Should be here tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

For those of you shooting USPSA etc, are the very 'tight' sights (very narrow front side FO like the DAWson precision 0.1") coupled with a tight rear notch - such that it's a visual match with very little light gap between the front blade and rear notch - are these typically used by competitors?  Like, a .125 rear notch and a 0.100 front blade?

I ended up with a fairly broad rear notch, on the advice of a friend who suggested that a broader notch allows for faster acquisition while admittedly making accuracy a bit more sloppy.  and while I can't say it's the SIGHTs that are my handicap (snort), I wonder if I should tighten these up a bit...

Q