Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ ACCU Shadow with High Cut compared to normal ACCU Shadow

nomad

Ok so I have been lurking on this forum for years soaking up all the great information I can but I have ran into something that's stumped me. And to my surprise I can't seem to find what I am looking for here. So I am stepping out and posting my first post here hopefully that will find an answer my question. Ok so here goes...I am looking at getting one of the CZ ACCU Shadows and came across one that says it has a "High Cut". I have found descriptions as to what the "High Cut" is but no pictures (well some pictures but you will see my issue in a sec). Like almost every other guy in the world I am a visual person and was looking for a picture of an ACCU Shadow with and one without the "High Cut". I have tried to compare the pictures that are on the sites that sell them but I must be losing my mind because I just can't see the difference. (I can't see the 3D picture in a picture things as well. If i hear someone say "it's easy just don't focus and look through it" one more time I'm gonna lose it!!! So it might just be me) Anyway, any help would greatly be appreciated. I'm not sure on what one will suit me best. Thanks  

eerw, Thanks for the heads up. I did not know that it was not production legal. Well that pretty much lets me know what one to get. If it's no too much trouble I would still like to see what the difference is. Have a good weekend!!!!

I'm curious.  Undercutting the trigger guard is mentioned in 21.4.  Is undercutting the beavertail (frame) allowed by 21.4, or some other section of Appendix 7?  I couldn't find anything specifically allowing it in the NROI Rulings.  CO has the same restriction about mods needing to be "specifically" mentioned that Production does...

45 minutes ago, teros135 said:

I'm curious.  Undercutting the trigger guard is mentioned in 21.4.  Is undercutting the beavertail (frame) allowed by 21.4, or some other section of Appendix 7?  I couldn't find anything specifically allowing it in the NROI Rulings.  CO has the same restriction about mods needing to be "specifically" mentioned that Production does...

Its not specific:

"Grip modifications such as,but not limited to, undercutting/smoothing the triggerguard, adding or removing finger grooves, or adding stippling, grip tape, or checkering are specifically allowed, without reference to AppendixE4."

19 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

It's a pretty clear interpretation. When it says not limited to it means these are just examples. Otherwise it would say limited to.

Hmmm.  I recall from previous discussions that you couldn't undercut the beavertail part of the Glock's frame.  Has that changed?  If so, I could see the argument here.  Either way, in Prod and CO alterations have to be specifically allowed.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, foderaman said:

Well, advertising by vendors often says "Production legal", but they're not an authority.  That interpretation ultimately has to come from NROI.  If it's legal, they'll say so. 

Again, the trigger guard undercutting is specifically mentioned, but there's some question about cutting the "beavertail" higher, since that was a problem with Glocks in the past.  Maybe things have changed.