Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TP9 SFX Competition-Ready (Optics Ready!) Pistol

mreed911

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, sweetback said:

And now for the (ULTIMATE UPGRADE) reduction of PreTravel/takeup. 

Video tutorial on DIY step by step how to. Inquiring minds are waiting.:rolleyes: 

On the SFX with the competition-ready trigger?  Do you have one?  I haven't seen that complaint in reviews or talking wth current owners.

Yes just bought one. Did a few tweaks. Changed striker spring to 4 lb. Wolff Glock item. Polished firing pin safety plunger. Cut off a few coils from plunger spring. Polished trigger bar humps. Polished striker and sear engagement surfaces. Reduction in pull weight is good. Don't have trigger pull GUAGE to get a figure. Only thing left to do is reduce take up. Not really complaining just want to get the most out of trigger that i can.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Edited by sweetback

Yes just bought one. Did a few tweaks. Changed striker spring to 4 lb. Wolff Glock item. Polished firing pin safety plunger. Cut off a few coils from plunger spring. Polished trigger bar humps. Polished striker and sear engagement surfaces. Reduction in pull weight is good. Don't have trigger pull GUAGE to get a figure. Only thing left to do is reduce take up. Not really complaining just want to get the most out of trigger that i can.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Have you measured the trigger pull with the 4lb spring compared to stock?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Don't have a  guage. But educated finger says just under 3 lb. (2.8) which is good enough for me.Now i'll shoot it tomorrow saturday and see if it will set off WSP primers in my reloads.

I'm back to report. Bought a Wheeler trigger pull scale saturday. Weighed the trigger. My educated finger was off a bit:rolleyes:. Pulls averaged out to 3lb. 4ozs. BUT i got 4 light hits with 4lb. wolff spring:(. Swapped it out for a 4.5lb spring and did some more polishing on trigger bar following a thread on CANIK DISCUSSION. Trigger is now 3lb. 8ozs. But no light hits with 4.5lb. wolff striker spring.Ordered a SPRINCO recoil reducer with light (white spring) for minor loads. Installed it on SFX today before i shoot it to test for light hits. All minor IDPA/PROD loads ejected beautifully. I'm going to leave the take up alone and shoot it like it is for now. Awaiting mag pouches and VORTEX VENOM 6moa red dot. COPTIKS

Just like mine, red and white interchangeable for different loads.  BTW, I have 3 x PPQs I'm selling locally (one is a Q5 match) and sticking with the SFX for my polymer preference.  IMO, the SFX is a better pistol than the Q5.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, davidb72 said:

I'm going to look at one of these tomorrow. Might be a way to get back into production division inexpensively.

Pls. Give us a review and your thoughts on this gun. 

I keep looking at this as a nice versatile gun for Steel Challenge.  It's ready for Open, Carry Optics and Production based on the configuration.  But lack of 3rd party options is kinda of steering me away to other platforms... so many choices!

Just got back from the gunshop.

Gun looks like it would be a solid choice for someone getting started in IDPA or USPSA.

The trigger is pretty nice, the reset is nice. Equal or better than a Sig P320 that they had in the shop as well.

The included holster isn't terrible and would probably hold you over until you could get something better.

At this point I can't see a compelling reason for me to replace my Glock 17 or Glock 34 with one, but I would definitely recommend them to someone just starting out.

1 hour ago, davidb72 said:

Just got back from the gunshop.

Gun looks like it would be a solid choice for someone getting started in IDPA or USPSA.

The trigger is pretty nice, the reset is nice. Equal or better than a Sig P320 that they had in the shop as well.

The included holster isn't terrible and would probably hold you over until you could get something better.

At this point I can't see a compelling reason for me to replace my Glock 17 or Glock 34 with one, but I would definitely recommend them to someone just starting out.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...