Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from South-Central Kentucky

Hey everybody, new to the forum. I'm a local LEO in the Lake Cumberland area of Kentucky, and I just started USPSA shooting this year. I'm shooting an M&P 9L in production. Any tips, advice, criticism or observations would be much appreciated. I am a DOCJT certified firearms instructor, but that is a whole different world from competition shooting. Thanks for having me guys!

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Welcome. BGSL in Lexington/Wilmore is a great range with awesome matches

Thanks!  I've actually shot a couple matches at BGSL so far this year, and I'm signed up for the battle next month.  That's a great place to shoot.

57 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Make a few more posts, and you'll get all the criticism you can handle :D

Welcome aboard :)

Reloading, yet?

Thanks!  Yes, I have reloaded for several years.  Before I started competition shooting I was loading pretty casually in order to keep a stockpile up, but now I'm reloading extensively to keep enough "blasting" ammo on hand for practice sessions.  And while we are on the topic, I've used Titegroup for a while on both my 9mm and .45 and have continued to do so with my competition loads.  Is there another good powder option that I should try out or consider for 9mm competition loads?