Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Legal Date

zhunter

USPSA Production Legal Date  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, deltout said:

is the weight of S2 going to be an issue even if the 2000 units req is met ?

There is not a maximum weight for production guns in general. There will be a listed maximum weight for this particular gun which is oem weight plus 2 ounces.

Reference USPSA rules appendix D4 item 18. 

Should not be any issue.

I was more concerned about the slide release (not a fan, for me it is just a piece of metal that doesn't need to be there and a screw to work loose) just because it is sort of new and different. I do not think that is a valid concern though.

I feel the pain of the group about getting on this darn list. I got my Shadow 2 here in Jamaica back in December, and was really looking forward to shooting it (in Production Division) at the US matches in Florida earlier this year ...... even got my ATF form and rearing to go..... then I checked the 'list'.... and it was back to the Shadow 1 for the matches in the US.

We do Shoot Ipsc here, so after Area 6 I have started shooting the 2, but the delay means I probably wont get to shoot a match in the US with it until next year.....unless I can find the time for the Nationals....now that would be tempting!

9 hours ago, slavex said:

slide release?

Slide / mag , 220/221 , whatever it takes.

I never limit myself to correct use of the language.

Other thing, the USPSA president was in the squad ahead of mine today, it is tacky to bother people with work stuff when they are trying to have fun on a weekend but there was some dead time while we were waiting on their squad to finish a stage & he wasn't busy so I asked him about the S2's. 

The gun itself was looked at more than a year ago and its construction is aok approved for production.

They are waiting for CZ USA to get to 2000, they are in communication with CZ USA, they will be delighted to respond as soon as the 2000 number is reached and they have heard the question frequently from many different sources.  

3 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Slide / mag , 220/221 , whatever it takes.

I never limit myself to correct use of the language.

Other thing, the USPSA president was in the squad ahead of mine today, it is tacky to bother people with work stuff when they are trying to have fun on a weekend but there was some dead time while we were waiting on their squad to finish a stage & he wasn't busy so I asked him about the S2's. 

The gun itself was looked at more than a year ago and its construction is aok approved for production.

They are waiting for CZ USA to get to 2000, they are in communication with CZ USA, they will be delighted to respond as soon as the 2000 number is reached and they have heard the question frequently from many different sources.  

That's good to hear. Hopefully the remaining batches will be delivered in the coming weeks. 

1 hour ago, slavex said:

Did you ask him how a gun like the 320 got approved with, I think, zero sales?

Lol. 

Is it actual sales or do they just have to have 2000 "available" for sale?

5 hours ago, slavex said:

I ordered mine on April 12, the day it started shipping from SIG, and received it a few days later. 

I am in a few different P320 groups and they are all over the place in posts. We had six show up at the Fredericksburg USPSA match earlier this month. Move along with your conspiracy, they are out there in numbers. 

Edited by alma

8 minutes ago, alma said:

I ordered mine on April 12, the day it started shipping from SIG, and received it a few days later. 

I am in a few different P320 groups and they are all over the place in posts. We had six show up at the Fredericksburg USPSA match earlier this month. Move along with your conspiracy, they are out there in numbers. 

which Sig, the regular 320 or the X5?

6 hours ago, slavex said:

No, did not pester him about other guns or any other rumors of past history, he did volunteer the comment that CZ USA is being honest in regard to the question at hand.

In my opinion, high marks for CZ USA, would much rather buy from a honest outfit even if that means a bit of a delay. 

I emailed CZ and got the following response from Matt Hopkins at CZ-USA on May 1st 2017.  Thanks for the inquiry about the Shadow 2 being legal for use in Production Division in USPSA.  We have not met the 2,000 piece quantity available to the general public in the USA.  We expect to reach the quantity within 30 days. Once approved we will post on all our social media that the gun is approved. This

I think the best we can do is be patient. 

3 hours ago, pc13 said:

I emailed CZ and got the following response from Matt Hopkins at CZ-USA on May 1st 2017.  Thanks for the inquiry about the Shadow 2 being legal for use in Production Division in USPSA.  We have not met the 2,000 piece quantity available to the general public in the USA.  We expect to reach the quantity within 30 days. Once approved we will post on all our social media that the gun is approved. This

I think the best we can do is be patient. 

This is the best news I've heard for a long while 

Now that it's legal... the question for me now is when to switch?  A couple major matches in June for me.  Rather not switch right before, but I'd love to be running the S2 comfortably by nationals.  Oh well, there are worse problems to have.  Happy day S2 owners, happy day!

Just now, cheby said:

Here is what on CZ USA Facebook:

CZ-USA - We've submitted the final paperwork and they should update the list within 24 hours. Thanks!

What took them so long?