Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Legal Date

zhunter

USPSA Production Legal Date  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How long does it take to switch guns for you guys?  I've been told "4 months" by someone whom I respect their opinion.  For me I think it's very personal and also somewhat platform dependent.  Yes, I'm speaking of switching from a Shadow 1 to a Shadow 2... so to be clear I'm not talking about moving from revo to an open gun or a 1911 to a CZ.  Basically, I'm really trying to decide if I want to switch prior to my first major match, starting in June for me as well.  I've thrown some boom booms down the pipe while fine tuning the "limited soon to be production gun", enough to know I do like it.  But not sure I want to switch now... so do I leave it in the safe until after area 3?  Or break it out and hope a couple thousand rounds is enough to be comfortable with it by June?  Decisions decisions...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think switching from s1 to s2 is a big deal. Daily dry fire, and a couple of thousands rds should be enough . Shoot a few standard drills such as el prez and Bill drill to see if there's any difference especially in target transitions.

Edited by cheby

I still go back and forth between the Shadow and Shadow 2, Been shooting the 2 in IPSC and practice since October, still shoot the Shadow when I do USPSA matches, has pretty much zero effect on my results.

Edited by Chili

16 minutes ago, Chili said:

has pretty much zero effect on my results.

If we weren't all nuts we would be shooting less expensive guns. 

My strong hand grip changes a lot going from 75 to S2, for the better I think really have to force pressure onto the web between thumb and forefinger to get good recoil control. 

Thanks  for the responses guys.  I've only switched guns once since starting USPSA shooting last year and that was from an m&p pro to my CZ.  I felt like the move to the CZ didn't really take that long but it also coincided with my decision to actually try to get good at this game and train and practice with a purpose,  which also saw me increasing my shooting to about 2k rounds through the gun a month.  When I first shot my shadow 2 I ran it in a nonsanctioned match and had a similar finish but definitely didn't feel as comfortable with it as my shadow 1.  I guess that will come in time...

19 minutes ago, WiII said:

Is CZC still the only distributor? 

CZ has made the pistol available through its distribution network.

should be available from a wide variety of dealers. From what I have seen, polycoat models available, urban grey is beginning to show up, and the nitrite there were only a few shipped in.

1 minute ago, S&W686 said:

At this time Shooters Connection has several and Oakhilguns show the gun available.

I was under the impression that Shooter's Connection was a CZC dealer and that's how they got theirs? Not sure about oak hill guns tho.

2 minutes ago, eerw said:

CZ has made the pistol available through its distribution network.

should be available from a wide variety of dealers. From what I have seen, polycoat models available, urban grey is beginning to show up, and the nitrite there were only a few shipped in.

That sounds like good news. If distributors like RSR, Accusport, lipseys...etc are receiving guns, the 2000 should be met soon after. 

On 5/4/2017 at 7:25 PM, rowdyb said:

Am I the only one checking the Prod list of guns every day?

Nope... and I'm further annoyed recently seeing the Sig X5 320 just made the list.  How are we still shy of hitting 2k???  Come on CZ!

23 hours ago, MrT_shootsAcz said:

Nope... and I'm further annoyed recently seeing the Sig X5 320 just made the list.  How are we still shy of hitting 2k???  Come on CZ!

I would bet Enos' vast slide glide fortune that there is under 500 320x5 in existence. 

Shooting limited or limited 10 minor is good for the soul. Calms the competitive juices and lets you focus only on how well you are shooting.

Not that I will keep doing it when I don't need to :). 

14 minutes ago, WiII said:

I would bet Enos' vast slide glide fortune that there is under 500 320x5 in existence. 

There are at least 2,500 were initially produced and are out there now. Some distributors getting X5s by the palette. I am seeing seeing as lot if posts form random people who are picking their up from their local FFLs over the past few days. The X5 is out there now and it's out in numbers. 

There are at least 2,500 were initially produced and are out there now. Some distributors getting X5s by the palette. I am seeing seeing as lot if posts form random people who are picking their up from their local FFLs over the past few days. The X5 is out there now and it's out in numbers. 

My LGS gets them directly from Sig. They got 11--7 of which were spoken for (including mine).

10 hours ago, alma said:

How deep does the sig conspiracy go? Am I the only one not on the payroll?:unsure:

jk

I always like to see more good options for production shooters and I know the sig guys have been waiting on that gun for awhile. 

af2ffd255679e90eb85821a68269794c.jpg

Uspsa forum. This was a conversation revolving around the FN. aren't there 2k shadow 2's available world wide? It should have been approved prior to it being available in the United States. Are there really less than 2k world wide?