Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First Match shot

champ198

learned a lot and had a blast.

my accuracy and nerves were a little off at first but got better as the day went on. really struggled on the spinning targets like Texas stars but did manage to shoot a couple pretty well.

I did learn some things on my own.

1 bring way more ammo than you think you might shoot. I brought 300 rounds and shot 280 of those. glad there were a few stages that did not take a lot of ammo. one stage took 8 rounds another took 16.

2 I shoot production so 10 rounds per mag. when loading the first mag at ready at first I was using the mag closest to me on my left hip. while shooting and reloading I had to move all the way around to the very back mag. once I figured out that if I load my mag that is furthest from me at the back my reloads while shooting I didn't have to reach as far.

3 do your reloads when on the move. this took a bit and I got better as the day went on.

all in all I had a blast. it was the first ever match I shot and I made goals for myself that were small.

1-dont get last place over all.

2- don't have any safety violations

3-shoot at least one stage clean

4-and don't get a DQ.

I managed to complete all of these goals. they are simple goals to most experienced shooters but for me I was happy I got all of them done. I managed to shoot 3 stages clean also and we had 75 shooters and I came in 64th overall. which for me was great.

I have quite a few things to work on. my main thing I want to work on is my reloads they weren't sloppy just slow

was really glad I went to this shoot and got to shoot with a great bunch of guys and had a blast. cant wait for the next one..

good on you for taking the leap!  i started years ago, did matches both days this past weekend, and am already looking forward to next weekend's matches!  be safe and have fun.

Uh oh, the bug bit another one. Now break out that wallet and keep blastin away. In all seriousness, congrats  you first match. I just had mine in Jan. Keep practicing and have fun.

• 1 month later...

Awesome man. I'm really excited about shooting my first match in the next few months. Really nervous though so this post really helps.

How experienced are you with pistol shooting overall?

I shot my 1st pistol a year ago and got my 1st handgun in March so this is all very new to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk