Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15 flared magwell

• 3 weeks later...

Check all your mags to make sure they will seat with any of the magwells. The Arredondo doesn't play well with the overinsertion stop on the Gen3 Pmags. And it also prevents seating coupled 20rd Pmags unless the coupler is at the very bottom of the mag, like replacing the basepad...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HawkMoney said:

I did notice the gen 3 mags don't work. Thinking about trying to file them down or just buying some gen2's

File the tabs on the mag down a little at a time until they fit. No need to buy older mags when yours need a slight modification.

36 minutes ago, Dan Sierpina said:

File the tabs on the mag down a little at a time until they fit. No need to buy older mags when yours need a slight modification.

Dan is dead on. Pmag 40's have gen3 features. File down tab and add a TTI extension for a super-sturdy 45rd mag.

1 hour ago, Dan Sierpina said:

38 minutes ago, wgj3 said:

Dan is dead on. Pmag 40's have gen3 features. File down tab and add a TTI extension for a super-sturdy 45rd mag.

Perfect! Thanks gentleman

• 2 weeks later...

I have Arredondo I'll use in a match like a 3GN regional where I know I'll be required to do a mandatory reload in a classifier.  Unfortunately it's too wide for coupled mags which are mandatory for long range.

So I bought a Lancer and I'm still trying to get it installed properly.  Dropped it on the first time hastily and locked everything up.  Probably user error but I still don't think it's small enough to run most coupled mags.