Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Make ready

wingnut

If production just put an 11th rd in the barney mag in your pocket.  IF SS minor, use the mag in your pocket to strip off a rd and then put back in your pocket.. Take the 5th mag off your belt to use 1st.. This also works for Production if you're in a 10rd state.

14 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

If production just put an 11th rd in the barney mag in your pocket.  IF SS minor, use the mag in your pocket to strip off a rd and then put back in your pocket.. Take the 5th mag off your belt to use 1st.. This also works for Production if you're in a 10rd state.

What he said

Right on point with this

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Take 5th mag off your belt, insert in gun, chamber a round.  Eject mag, and replace on belt.  Grab mag from pocket insert in gun.  Holster.  You're at 11 in the gun with four ten round reloads and on 9 round reload on your belt.....

Insert 1st mag into gun and chamber round.  Then proceed to move each of the other 4 mags on your belt one at a time forward one mag pouch.  Then eject 1st mag from gun and place in position 5 and then insert mag from pocket in gun.  Basically figure out a way that has you handling and shuffling around as many mags as possible and takes a really long time.  This technique must work because I see a lot of people do it... :rolleyes:

Ok real answer is this, or if mag can hold 11 just put 11 in mag in your pocket.

46 minutes ago, Nik Habicht said:

Take 5th mag off your belt, insert in gun, chamber a round.  Eject mag, and replace on belt.  Grab mag from pocket insert in gun.  Holster.  You're at 11 in the gun with four ten round reloads and on 9 round reload on your belt.....

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

A friend who is a police officer always loads 1 mag with 1 for the barney, he likes the habit of always being certain that the bullet chambered.

Has he never heard of a press check?

Insert 1st mag into gun and chamber round.  Then proceed to move each of the other 4 mags on your belt one at a time forward one mag pouch.  Then eject 1st mag from gun and place in position 5 and then insert mag from pocket in gun.  Basically figure out a way that has you handling and shuffling around as many mags as possible and takes a really long time.  This technique must work because I see a lot of people do it... :rolleyes:

Ok real answer is this, or if mag can hold 11 just put 11 in mag in your pocket.

Bwahahahah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

What is it?

It's something all the totally radical Internet mall ninja testicle oprators do before they absolutely shred a course of fire. They pull the slide back a little bit and look to see if a round is in the chamber.  Mostly because they are kinda weak from sitting behind a keyboard all day and are not strong enough to rack the slide all the way. 

1 minute ago, louu said:

It's something all the totally radical Internet mall ninja testicle oprators do before they absolutely shred a course of fire. They pull the slide back a little bit and look to see if a round is in the chamber.  Mostly because they are kinda weak from sitting behind a keyboard all day and are not strong enough to rack the slide all the way. 

:)

All righty then. Thanks.

He wanted to see how long until someone suggested he shift all his mags around.

Or until someone suggested he leave a loaded mag in his front pocket... Not a good method, that is if you want to follow rules.

16 hours ago, Nik Habicht said:

This

My method (IDPA ESP with a 9mm 1911, so the equivalent capacity issue as SS minor or Production in a 10rd state) is to carry 1 mag in my pocket with 10 rounds and a second mag with only 1 round. Load and chamber the 1 round, swap mags to the 10, holster, and pocket the empty.

My method (IDPA ESP with a 9mm 1911, so the equivalent capacity issue as SS minor or Production in a 10rd state) is to carry 1 mag in my pocket with 10 rounds and a second mag with only 1 round. Load and chamber the 1 round, swap mags to the 10, holster, and pocket the empty.

Sounds like the easiest method to me

44 minutes ago, Mountbkr said:

Sounds like the easiest method to me

Only downside I've run into so far is that when seating the full magazine, you have to be extra careful to make sure it's fully seated since you can't do a press check to ensure a round chambered like you would normally. 

Only downside I've run into so far is that when seating the full magazine, you have to be extra careful to make sure it's fully seated since you can't do a press check to ensure a round chambered like you would normally. 

Good point

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Has he never heard of a press check?

has he never heard of a gun that works reliably? If you are worried about it loading the first round, seems like you would be just as worried about the next 31 rounds (assuming no make-ups on steel).

I shoot ss but i use 6 mags, i just barney with the mag 6 then load with mag 5. Only then after the stage i top of mag 5 with my ULSC round, so i can do it again.