Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tony the tiger left/right handed

blacklab

This question is actually for Tony the tiger, but instead of sending him a PM I thought I would get everyone's input. I was watching Anthony's YouTube videos and noticed he shoots rifle/shotgun right handed but shoots pistol left handed. So I'm wondering Anthony, do you shoot with one eye open or two eyes open. I'm asking because I'm in a similar situation. I was born left handed but as I was growing up every time I started to do something with my left hand I was told to use my right hand. So 48 years later I'm still shooting right handed but I'm left eye dominant. I've tried to shoot with both eyes open but I just cant seem to get it to work for me. I tried putting a peace of tape on my glassed and a few other things but it don't work, and I'm too old to try to start shooting left handed. I know that shooting with one eye slows you down and I was hoping Anthony would have a trick up his sleeve I could try.

Just when I thought my Mom was the only person watching my videos...

I'm in the same boat as you, born left handed and left eye dominant but my first couple grade school teachers weren't going to have that nonsense in their classroom. A couple years later when I started shooting BB guns and .22's I had been fully indoctrinated to do everything right handed. I didn't realize how left hand/eye dominant I was till I started shooting pistols but I had no interest in trying to start over with long guns.

I do often shoot pistols both eyes open but with long guns my left eye takes over and all I see is the side of the gun. When I started shooting competitively I messed with shooting long guns left handed or both eyes open but I never got anywhere with it. So no special tricks, just a very minor handicap I've gotten used to.