Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie from MD

racerwong

Welcome to the forums!

I'm assuming you're Eric? You did great! You were the #2 ranked Prod shooter, and #1 was Chris, who is A class and has been shooting for years. You've got a bright future in this sport (certainly brighter than my mine haha). Taking a quick glance at your scores I'm pretty sure you're going to make B class from the Thursday night classifiers alone.

Edit: I looked it up, you're very high C. You should make B with ease.

Edited by ClangClang

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Just bumping this up to congratulate @racerwong on his extremely rapid growth in USPSA. He placed 2nd overall in our local match tonight out of 25 shooters, even beating out several A-class shooters. Not bad for 8 weeks since his very first match.

ha!  Thanks. I did ok but I think was mainly due to the fact the normal good shooters just had an off day. Gonna goto AAFG for their 6 classifier this Sat. 

Hi-Power Jack: lots of LIVE fire practice :P  Been going almost every week to TMGN. Usually dont dry fire too much but I do practice reloads once in a while. Wifey doesnt like it when I say.. Honey, can you run the stopwatch on the iPhone??  Though I did find the SureFire shot timer app so now I can do that solo :)

Decent day today w/ one muck up with a NS.  

13-01: Disaster Factor (5.4679/58.53%: C) 
09-04: Pucker Factor (5.2356/48.93%: C) 
03-09: On the Move (3.2616/33.83%: D) SUCKED THIS ONE UP w/ a NS. 
99-08: Melody Line (4.8282/59.91%: C, almost B :( ) 
06-10: Steely Speed VII (6.1728/72.84%: B, almost A!!!!) 
08-03: Six (6.1947/60.73%: B )

Edited by racerwong

On 4/29/2017 at 8:04 PM, cj36d said:

Classifier match in FBURG next weekend and a Level 1 in Lexington park the week after...you should come down.  

Where is this held?? 

I live in Stafford.. I have a race I'm supposed to be at MDIR..  BUT.. lol 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Wolfmetalfab said:

Another Maryland noob (to USPSA shooting anyways) here, looks like I might have to check out the TMGN shoots sometime soon 

Welcome Wolf!  

Come shoot SuperSteel at Peacemaker with us this Sat!  Were all in Squad5: 

https://practiscore.com/pntc-may-2017-super-steel-am/register

5 hours ago, deerassassin22 said:

I shoot all over the area just shoot me a PM I can send you some links

Thanks!

5 hours ago, racerwong said:

Welcome Wolf!  

Come shoot SuperSteel at Peacemaker with us this Sat!  Were all in Squad5: 

https://practiscore.com/pntc-may-2017-super-steel-am/register

sounds fun, I love shooting steel except that I won't be picking up my G35 next Tuesday :angry: and my other gun to shoot would be my p220 .45 single stack, 40-50 rd stages means I need way more then the 4 mags (5 if I count the POS pro-mag that doesn't drop free)  I currently have lol.

I'm still getting my belt rig ordered as well so I'll have to keep the higher round count in mind as I'm getting it together. Damn, also need a trip to VA to pick up mags for the G35 .40 and a bunch of 9mm mags for the conversion barrel I'm getting ($&%& Maryland). Also in the process of building a kydex taco press to save myself some $$$ in mag holders...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 3:05 PM, deerassassin22 said:

I have a holster and setup for my glock 17 if u shoot any matches with me just need ammo

Thanks for the offer, finally picked up my G35 yesterday and borrowed a couple 9mm mags from a friend to function check the 9mm conversion this afternoon and will be picking up my order of ETS mags next week from a friend in VA. 

I'll probably be stopping in TMGN next Thursday to check the match out and watch, still need to order bullets for 9/40 and do load development and get a 650 Dillon on order =) 

quick question for the TMGN shooters, whats the average round count for the night? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2017 at 3:36 PM, Wolfmetalfab said:

quick question for the TMGN shooters, whats the average round count for the night? 

Whoops, never replied to this. Typical round count is like under 100.  Last night was 24+24+14+14?