Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap method of viewing shell plate via phone, tablet or PC.

Having seen people using cameras to keep an eye on powder levels within a case, saw a cheaper option. Wifi Endoscopes are available for around 40$ and can be set up in less than 5 minutes.

The hardest part is working out how to mount the monitor! Here is a link to the Youtube setup on my 650.

The beauty is you can use it for other jobs such as barrel inspection, etc.

Wifi Endoscope

Edited by 400driver

I run an endoscope on my 650 as well but mine is not Wifi it just plugs into my phone or tablet. I bought the 5.5mm endoscope off of ebay for around $20 and mounted it in the hole of the tool head where the powder check plunger would normally go. It sits facing almost straight down over the charged case and allows me to be able to see inside of bottlenecked cases as well like .223 rem.

170212_171359_zpsujug6hjm.jpg

I have a similar setup, but with a handheld unit with monitor.  It does clutter things up a bit though... the monitor is removeable and also works via wifi so I may try that, but if that doesn't work out well I might give the wifi scope a try - I have an extra table not even being used which I could setup.

Yhp913f.jpg

I think for my 650 it's overkill..... But I just love adding bells and whistles to my reloading gear! For people running a 1050 which I'm told is harder to see inside the case, this provides a real solution.

The only problem is compared to using your eyes where the process is in view the whole time, as the ram is raised there is no useful information on the screen. 

I think I will keep the monitor mounted on the right side so I can watch the cases enter station 2 and then glance at the screen to confirm powder. It gives a nice tempo to my reloading speed.