Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 Digital Round Counter

I'm calling it a Dillon 1050 round counter because I  put it on the Dillon case feeder  that's on my 1050  but I'm sure this could be adapted to just about any loading machine.  Little bit of time on my hands and less than $25 invested, not really needed but a cool looking novelty and it does come in handy from time to time.  Picked up the counter from Ebay and the switches from a local hardware that were under $2 each.  Had an option to get it with the power supply but I bought it without I found a power supply from an old cable box, it work just fine.  There's a micro switch wired  tied to the aluminum stop block on the 1050  I happened to just have the microswitch laying around, readily available on the Internet  for just a couple dollars. Plenty of room inside the case feeder. I mounted the power supply and everything inside.  Anyways I thought I would post a couple pictures and a video and a link to the counter if anyone's interested thanks for looking. 

http://www.ebay.com/p/DC-12v-4-Digital-Red-LED-Counter-Meter-up-Down-Hall-Proximity-Switch-Sensor-NPN/1731658287

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

Edited by tmz

30 minutes ago, Chris777 said:

Very cool.. were the blue led's just a coincidence or did you pick them to match the dillon colors... Very slick install... looks better than factory.

Thanks so much !  Had to look around a little bit for the blue display found a lot of red ones but the seller himself did not have other choices,  just look around until I found the blue ones. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
19 minutes ago, rvieira said:

Do you have a wiring diagram you could share?

I still happen to have one brand new in the box maybe this will help. 

A09EB212-23F5-418E-9F23-6171AD2D45C2.jpeg

7191014F-E8FE-40D8-92CD-DFF5109B169E.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 12:10 PM, tmz said:

Also with the new Dillon case feeder being low voltage makes it easier not having to have a separate power supply here’s my new set up. 

7DD69D3A-D8B6-4FD5-A913-57F8D4D8E2D7.png

What connection do you have on the other side of that flex hose feeding into the mark 7 is my guess

4 hours ago, mayassa said:

What connection do you have on the other side of that flex hose feeding into the mark 7 is my guess

The factory fitting that came with the mark 7

4 hours ago, Styro said:

You're counting cases or loaded rounds? I don't know why that is so important with some people. Unless you're loading ammo for cardboard 20 or 50 round boxes that you sell?

My very first post explains it is a maintenance counter, is what I use it for to know when to do the maintenance on the machine, people can use them for different purposes counting bullets counting strokes of the machine so they have a rough idea when to do maintenance nothing mandatory just convenience. 

Just now, tmz said:

My very first post explains it is a maintenance counter, is what I use it for to know when to do the maintenance on the machine, people can use them for different purposes counting bullets counting strokes of the machine so they have a rough idea when to do maintenance nothing mandatory just convenience. 

Great idea!

👍

18 hours ago, tmz said:

Oh I see.