Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who's gonna dump thier Shadows...

B_RAD

when the S2 becomes readily available?

During my brief trial period with the Tanfo Lim Pro, I passed up getting in fairly early on pre order list for the shadow 2.  So now I'm trying to decide if I should pick up an Accushadow or just wait. I'm guessing if I wait for the S2, it may be a while.  

I have a shadow orange but feel I need a backup for USPSA. I'm tempted to buy the next Accushadow I come across but think if I just wait a few months, there will be a lot of used ones being sold at low prices. 

Thoughts?

Edited by B_RAD

The only time I touch my Shadow since getting my 2's is when I go the the USA and shoot USPSA and that will stop as soon as the 2's make the Production gun list.

Chili, did you notice a big difference in the two? What I'm trying to as is if it worth getting the s2 if you already have a S1 or just wait for S2 if you don't have an S1 already.

12 hours ago, Richc2048 said:

Chili, did you notice a big difference in the two? What I'm trying to as is if it worth getting the s2 if you already have a S1 or just wait for S2 if you don't have an S1 already.

The original Shadow is a fantastic gun and if money is an issue I would not be rushing out to upgrade.  There is a noticeable difference in my mind with the heavier gun and the trigger is much nicer on the 2, especially the single action take up, although I could likely have cured that in the original with a Pre- B disconnector.  I also prefer the grip size and shape on the 2.  The adjustable mag release is nice as well.

Overall I was planning to buy a backup Shadow after my original Shadow had a trigger return spring break at a match and this was at the same time dealers in Canada were taking pre-orders so I thought what the hell and went with the new gun.  After getting it I found I preferred the feel and opted to get a second as a back up and will sell my Shadow down the road.

The bottom line is if you want a new gun it's a nice upgrade but I was a lowly B shooter with the original Shadow and I'm still the same lowly B shooter with the Shadow 2.

The shadow will still have a place in IDPA.    Doing the conversion of the 1.33kg to ounces the Shadow 2 comes in at a hair over 46.   You would have to cut 3 ounces off her to get it into IDPA or hope IDPA ups the weight in the next revision.   

Edited by kells81

Haven't really seen a change in the value of used Shadows in Canada since the arrival of the Shadow 2.  The used market that it has seemingly affected was some of the specialty Shadows like the ShadowMate and Shadowline as well as for us the Canadian edition which all commanded a premium price that put it at or above the retail of the new Shadow 2.

This kinda reminds me of golf club marketing ;)  

"The NEW XYZ club hits longer, better, straighter - last years club is garbage now, throw them away and buy new ones!!"

Oh no,  the club I was using last year is now being dumped by PGA pros, and even though I am a 30 handicap and suck at golf no matter which club I use, I simply MUST get the new one as my old ones are now incapable of hitting a ball properly !

I dumped my CZC shadow after pre-ordering the shadow 2.  I'll be shooting limited with my TSO for at least the first few matches of the year, and i think once the S2s are in the wild it will be a bit more difficult to move the older shadows without taking more of a hit on resale.  

I think it's more than what's the purpose of keeping two production guns of differing generations if the Shadow 2 is being used more. And if you're at a high enough level to need a back up gun, then I imagine you're better off getting a second Shadow 2 to match your setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, xXGearheadXx said:

I dumped my CZC shadow after pre-ordering the shadow 2.  I'll be shooting limited with my TSO for at least the first few matches of the year, and i think once the S2s are in the wild it will be a bit more difficult to move the older shadows without taking more of a hit on resale.  

Exactly what I was thinking. 

All the comparisons I've seen have been the shadow 2 against stock shadows. Are you guys dumping custom sp_01 from czc etc or stock ones that are like $800?

Wondering if a czc or automatic accuracy would still be better than s2.

23 minutes ago, Richc2048 said:

All the comparisons I've seen have been the shadow 2 against stock shadows. Are you guys dumping custom sp_01 from czc etc or stock ones that are like $800?

Wondering if a czc or automatic accuracy would still be better than s2.

I mean a CZC Shadow will probably outshoot a stock S2, but I'd find it hard to believe that a CZC S2 wouldn't be better than a CZC Shadow unless you just didn't like the ergos. 

I mean a CZC Shadow will probably outshoot a stock S2, but I'd find it hard to believe that a CZC S2 wouldn't be better than a CZC Shadow unless you just didn't like the ergos. 

Thanks! So what I hear is the S2 platform would probably be a better base to start from and customize with custom fit parts once available due to weight and ergo.
I can't wait to get mine. I still haven't seen these being available. I'm assuming someone will brag on this thread once it's been received.

10 minutes ago, Richc2048 said:

Thanks! So what I hear is the S2 platform would probably be a better base to start from and customize with custom fit parts once available due to weight and ergo.
I can't wait to get mine. I still haven't seen these being available. I'm assuming someone will brag on this thread once it's been received.

You're pretty much paying for the frame redesign and ergos with the S2. AFAIK, the internals aren't changed all too much. Rumored to have a slight disco change, but I doubt it'll compare to a CZC or CGW disco.