Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$5 1050 Toolhead Stand

Here is my 1050 toolhead stand that probably cost $5. The ID of the toolhead is about 1.35". I found a piece of 2" PVC at HD, a dowl that fit inside the PVC pretty snugly. Drilled the dowl and used threaded bar to secure the dowl to the board. A couple of zip ties to keep the toolhead in place. 

IMG_6611.JPG

Edited by GregJ

8 hours ago, lefty o said:

thats pretty good. i had looked at making something similiar, then inline fabrication came out with one for a reasonable price( more than $5 though).

Thanks.  Will have to check out Inline, they make some good stuff.

Anyone have idea fore a cover?  I have several 1050 TH's on stands but would like to add covers, having trouble finding the right size.  Can't believe Dillon doesn't make one they seem to have covers for just about everything else.  I think a 550 cover cut down would work maybe, but who want's to buy 5 550 covers hah.

8 hours ago, 78Staff said:

Anyone have idea fore a cover?  I have several 1050 TH's on stands but would like to add covers, having trouble finding the right size.  Can't believe Dillon doesn't make one they seem to have covers for just about everything else.  I think a 550 cover cut down would work maybe, but who want's to buy 5 550 covers hah.

I went to a fabric store and bought some blue fabric and had my wife sew my cover

14 hours ago, 78Staff said:

Walmart bag worked pretty good for me awhile ?.  Then I found some old canteen bags at army surplus store that fit the toolhead perfectly. 

Here's mine not sure exactly if it was five dollars but probably just about the same if not less.  1/2" pipe flange,  1'of 1/2" black pipe and a perfect fit PVC fitting.  I think it's called a 1/2" female thread to  pvc fitting. 

IMG_4122.JPG

19 minutes ago, tmz said:

Here's mine not sure exactly if it was five dollars but probably just about the same if not less.  1/2" pipe flange,  1'of 1/2" black pipe and a perfect fit PVC fitting.  I think it's called a 1/2" female thread to  pvc fitting. 

IMG_4122.JPG

nice.