Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What full size CZ are legal in SSp (Shadows,ect)

scottinohio

CZ has so many variations but the 75 and SP-01 variants that have DA/SA triggers, fit in the box and make weight are good for SSP. 

Tactical sprort and  Shadow 2 are too heavy. 

CTS may be too long. 

The polymer CZ's, though not Shadows, should good to go assuming they meet all the requirements. 

You can do trigger jobs as long as you don't make so th trigger sits forward or rearward of where it would stock.  So polish, sand, stone, replace springs. 

You can replace triggers and hammers with any other trigger/hammer as long as it's a drop in part that comes stock on another SSP legal CZ. 

Edited by B_RAD

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know Accu Shadows are NOT legal in SSP.  They are legal for ESP.  Shadow 2's are too heavy, and I'm not sure about a regular Shadow. 

The IDPA rule for SSP, 8.2.1 A says, "Handguns permitted for use in SSP must have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units.  Discontinued models must have had a total production of 20,000 units."  

That rule will make all but the most common models of CZ's illegal for SSP.  Of course, there is NOT much difference in the competitiveness of SSP and ESP, so just shoot ESP!  I do!  (Only started shooting IDPA this year...)  

I imagine CZ could SELL more pistols, if only they were ACTUALLY AVAILABLE!  It is tough just to find one of the more desirable models for sale around here!  I looked a long time before I found a Shadow to actually handle!  (I decided to wait for the one I wanted and didn't buy that one...)  

What part of Ohio are you in?  

Edited by Ken6PPC
more info...