Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Grip Stippling Question

Tripod

What is used to fill the bottom grip screw hole?   Do you just soften the grip plastic and push it around to fill up the hole? Or do you add some kind of filler then stipple over.   I do not want the STI logo showing or lower grip screw hole left when done stippling.   

Thanks

There are many ways to do this, it mainly depends on the texture you want. If you are going to coat the grip, i recomend to fill it with epoxy. That would be the easiest, you can also add dye to the epoxy and try to match it to the grip. Ive done a few repairs on glock that had frame drilled and thats the easiest quickes way.

9 hours ago, PaladinPrecision said:

Do you have a suggested epoxy? I have some grip screws that a former gunsmith of mine stripped out in my 2011 grip.

Paladin,

If you are just going to color match with dye, we use devcon clear epoxy and mix with brownells acraglas dye.

16 hours ago, akaider said:

Paladin,

If you are just going to color match with dye, we use devcon clear epoxy and mix with brownells acraglas dye.

50/50 blend? 

It's just for the cosmetic 2011 lower grip screws that don't actually do anything. I will just use it as it comes, it's on my personal gun so no biggie.

The dye is pretty rich in color, you dont need that much of it in the blend. I will start with about 2 drops of it then add dye a little at a time untill you get the shade you are looking for.

• 3 weeks later...