Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trojan MSRP Changes

jschweg

wut?

200gr 40 costs pretty much the same as 200gr 45, and brass is free. although admitedly i do keep closer track of my 45 brass, and sometimes work a SS-only match to replenish the supply. The difference between driving my truck vs my little car to the range is way more than the diff between 40 and 45 brass.

For someone who doesn't reload it is a huge difference though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moto, most of the matches I shoot are lost brass.  At the ones that aren't, I'm ROing, so I still can't pick up my brass.  I buy my brass, although I will accept once-fired 45 if I know it was shot out of a 1911.  40sw brass costs me 3 cents each, processed.  45 costs 8.5 cents each for all the same headstamp, and 6-7 cents each for mixed.  At the practice range, almost everyone who shoots 45 picks up and keeps their brass.  For the rare individual who does not, it is instantly scavenged.  So I have no alternative but to buy.  All my 1911s are 45, and all my double stacks are 40, so far.

Slvr, the market is that small for 40s in 1911.  If you are only going to run one gun for SS, 40 is the way to go, because you have the option to shoot Major or Minor.  Otherwise, what is the point, other than you only want to reload one caliber.

Edited by zzt

• 1 month later...