Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cracked STI frame

b18prl

23 minutes ago, b18prl said:

Trent,

both of my guns are broke, Bedell has a cracked slide and this one has a cracked frame. I shot this MCgun at WAC last Sunday. 

So sorry to hear that.  

My gun has a broken slide too.  Was hoping it would be my backup.  Now have to drop xxxxxx dollars into it for a backup if/when my new gun gets here.

PCC?  I have a CO setup you are welcome to shoot if you want.

It won't hurt to ask. They seem to break from loose or missing trigger guard screw(s). I would certainly at least ask STI if they'll warranty it. 

I was swapping out the steel grip back to plastic and thats what I found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear that.  

My gun has a broken slide too.  Was hoping it would be my backup.  Now have to drop xxxxxx dollars into it for a backup if/when my new gun gets here.

PCC?  I have a CO setup you are welcome to shoot if you want.

Thanks for the offer Trent!
I think I'm going to shoot a L3 match in Thailand instead after much thought about shooting my PCC.

Never seen one break there berore... If sti wouldn't warranty that I think i'd be sorely tempted to find someone to tig that, clean it up and redrill the hole and see how long it lasted.  Or maybe mill that off, drill and tap the frame and fabricate a part to replace that? (Never heard of that being done before so maybe there's a reason you can't)  random thoughts.

Never seen one break there berore... If sti wouldn't warranty that I think i'd be sorely tempted to find someone to tig that, clean it up and redrill the hole and see how long it lasted.  Or maybe mill that off, drill and tap the frame and fabricate a part to replace that? (Never heard of that being done before so maybe there's a reason you can't)  random thoughts.

Or a new frame! Lol

Was the cracked slide tri-topped? I can't tell for sure in the pic if it's just a flat top or tri top. 

Not a good run!!

congrats on 1st b at nats. Winning your grade at nationals is a great achievement. [emoji4]

Thank you for the kind word sir! And yes it has a flat top only. Matt weighted it and said it's 9.xxx oz so I contacted Jared at Binary he said it's 10.2 oz.