Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 grip size choice

MrTuna

I remember that Max had a video on determining the correct grip size for your hands but I can't find it. How are people determining what size they use? I have XL wide hands but my fingers are only large in length. I have both a medium and large but without grip tape on both it's hard to tell which size I can stabilize the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have XL type hands as well.....both in width and length. That being the case, I use the large grip modules. They allow me to get both hands on the grip comfortably, whereas smaller grips do not have enough space to allow me to do so. On the medium grip it feels like my support hand is fighting to find enough space. The large grip module also makes the reach to the trigger a little longer which is more comfortable to me. 

I have XL type hands as well.....both in width and length. That being the case, I use the large grip modules. They allow me to get both hands on the grip comfortably, whereas smaller grips do not have enough space to allow me to do so. On the medium grip it feels like my support hand is fighting to find enough space. The large grip module also makes the reach to the trigger a little longer which is more comfortable to me. 

I have more space for my support hand too. Hardly any with the medium but I can even get a grip on the trigger guard which should tell me something. Time to get some grip tape on the large or get a stippled one so the slick upper grip won't move.

I wish I had more input to provide but sadly I don't. From my stand point having used the Med and Large there is not a massive difference with regards to the circumference where if you go with a large it will be too large and unusable. The aspect of the grip that seems to cause the most issues with sizing and is one of my biggest problem areas is the grip length. It seems that the length has been overlooked slightly between the sizes and is probably difficult do change when considering the magazine. My 320 does have a magwell installed but no matter the size grip I use my pinky and a large part of my palm rest on the magwell making for not just a slightly awkward grip but I have had to place grip tape on the magwell to ensure I have a solid grip with my dominate hand. I think that this could be eliminated with a nice trigger undercut but having played around with a spare lower there is not much excess material to take away so I am looking forward to the X-series 320 lower releasing since they mentioned that it will be compatible with all current 320 parts.

I wish I had more input to provide but sadly I don't. From my stand point having used the Med and Large there is not a massive difference with regards to the circumference where if you go with a large it will be too large and unusable. The aspect of the grip that seems to cause the most issues with sizing and is one of my biggest problem areas is the grip length. It seems that the length has been overlooked slightly between the sizes and is probably difficult do change when considering the magazine. My 320 does have a magwell installed but no matter the size grip I use my pinky and a large part of my palm rest on the magwell making for not just a slightly awkward grip but I have had to place grip tape on the magwell to ensure I have a solid grip with my dominate hand. I think that this could be eliminated with a nice trigger undercut but having played around with a spare lower there is not much excess material to take away so I am looking forward to the X-series 320 lower releasing since they mentioned that it will be compatible with all current 320 parts.

Thanks,
I was fortunate enough to be able to shoot the X Series and really liked the grip. I hope that they will be available as parts and not just attached to the new guns though I definitely want one. The regular P320 grip is too round IMO which is a departure from the original P Series guns. I guess I will have to spend more hours on the range with both sizes. Fortunately it's a fast change.

On March 3, 2017 at 2:04 PM, MrTuna said:

Thanks,
I was fortunate enough to be able to shoot the X Series and really liked the grip. I hope that they will be available as parts and not just attached to the new guns though I definitely want one. The regular P320 grip is too round IMO which is a departure from the original P Series guns. I guess I will have to spend more hours on the range with both sizes. Fortunately it's a fast change.

Interesting.  I actually find the medium 320 grip very, very similar in both shape and size to the classic P series pistols with stock grips installed.    I find them pretty analogous.  (shrug) 

Interesting.  I actually find the medium 320 grip very, very similar in both shape and size to the classic P series pistols with stock grips installed.    I find them pretty analogous.  (shrug) 

I put a set of calipers on it. You're right they are pretty close but my P226 grip is flat on the sides and the new X Grips are flat too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 1:17 PM, MrTuna said:

I put a set of calipers on it. You're right they are pretty close but my P226 grip is flat on the sides and the new X Grips are flat too.

Nice! I love P226 grip and really looking forward to X5 grip, can't wait to try it out!

• 1 month later...

I used the Small, the Medium felt a tad big... used Small mainly so my boys could also shoot it; but, after installing the Apex Tactical Curved with the shorter reach, the Medium is now perfect for my hand.