Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 3 mount

Acsr

Read through the old topics found nothing concrete, who or what makes a mount for the romeo 3,or do they all need some tinkering with removing material? Which is more preferred on the open gun the 1 or the 3? The mount on ebay looks like it has plenty of room in the front for the extended housing but not sure. Need a blast shield on mount due to popple holes

Edited by Acsr
Added info

2 hours ago, Acsr said:

The bolt pattern is the same but the romeo has a extended front housing piece that sounds like runs into most blast shields

Brazos makes a nice mount without a blast shield

99% sure the vortex is not the same. 

Romeo 3 and RTS2 are the same pattern. You can't run a RTS2 mount WITH a blast shield as the front of the romeo doesn't allow it to line up.  Buy a RTS2 mount with no blast shield or cut it off.  

Atlas Gunworks was going to do a run of romeo 3 mounts, so you could message them and see whats up.  Other option, buy a cmore slideride and redrill the mounting holes so you can sit the romeo back further and use a blast shield.  All of those mounts are based off the CK design, so pick your poison.  You can also call Dan Bedell and see what he did for Max's guns, but I'm pretty sure its a cmore slideride redrilled. 

I run the brazos, cause it is the sexiest of them all and I didn't give a f*** about a blast shield.   (I dig the arredondo but saw a few people have broken their mounts.)

Edited by ScottieShootz

I run the brazos, cause it is the sexiest of them all and I didn't give a f*** about a blast shield.   (I dig the arredondo but saw a few people have broken their mounts.)

Do you have popple holes, if so does your glass start clean without a shield? 

2 minutes ago, MikeRush said:

I am using the Double Tap RTS2 mount with my Romeo3. The blast shield just needs 2 holes drilled to be able to mount it to clear the extended front profile. 

Could you post a pic? How do you like the romeo compared to others? 

1 hour ago, Acsr said:

Could you post a pic? How do you like the romeo compared to others? 

Here is a thread with a few different angles of it:

http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?/topic/244227-9mm-lsi-ss/

I like the Romeo3. I have been using one for PCC where it is perfect. I like it on the Open gun and the brightness seems good. I like it as much as a standard, vertical CMore with the benefit of reliable 9mm ejection and less height over bore, and much better than a 90 degree CMore. 

6 hours ago, Acsr said:

no popples on this gun currently.  My cmore on my old gun with ck mount with blast shield and popple holes had residue on the glass after each match.  It was noticeable when I cleaned the gun, but not when shooting. 

20 hours ago, Acsr said:

Lense's will not stay clean with barrel holes even if you have a blast shield. Just the nature of the beast.