Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok so I've signed up for TPC's Competition Handgun Mastery course this weekend and, given the cost, I want to make sure I get the most out of it. Could anyone who's taken this course or similar fill me in on what they wish they had done to be better prepared? The plan is to use my open set up, but would I be better served to shoot iron sights for some reason? I've picked up some initial tips from their videos, and will be doing plenty of dry firing and stance stuff with them in mind. What else can I do to make sure I hit the ground running?

Edited by AMJ

I think you would be better served with an iron-sight pistol. There's a lot in that class about vision that applies specifically to iron sights, and everything else can be applied to either platform. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in practicing before you go. A lot of what you know to be true will change during the course of the weekend. It did for me. There are lots of subtle things going on with stance, grip, and so on that aren't covered in the videos.

Hope that help. Have fun at the class. You'll learn a lot.

Adam

I shot a mix of single stack and open. There was a good amount of sight alignment/vision work that would not have fully applied with optics, so it was definitely the way to go. Thanks for the tip.