Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Limited Holster for M&P

Gomar83

I have a M&P 40 cal with 4.25'' barrel. Im looking for ideas on the best limited holster for this gun. The bad news on the Safariland website states that the 014 holster will not work with the 4.25 barrel. So looking for input thanks.

Try one of these with a USPSA kit maybe?

https://www.safariland.com/products/holsters-and-gear/holsters/concealable-holsters/paddle/model-5198-open-top-concealment-paddle-belt-loop-holster-with-detent-1175455.html

USPSA Kit-

http://www.safariland.com/-holsterfinder-duty-gear/uspsa-kit-1166361.html#q=USPSA%2Bkit&start=1

I've used variations of this for my single stack, a G35, and a RIA double stack.  

Currently for my M&P 5" Pro I am using a Comp-Tac mated up to a Bladetech DOH...

Edited by superslowmo

I run a bladetech for my 5" and it holds it pretty well. I know I'm not the fastest on the draw but it hasn't slowed me down. Having a drop(Bladetech DOH) made a huge difference on my draw time though.

• 5 weeks later...

For limited with an M&P I ran a CR Speed WSM. Simple and fast. Muzzle support can be adjusted up and down for different guns.

I did find out that when I switched to a 2011 that it wouldn't work though. Had to buy another WSM, but that's how much I liked it.

I'm not 100% sure but I started running a frame weight on my Glock limited gun and got a holster specifically for it from SJC custom, they offer a M&P frame weight and I would suspect that they also offer a holster option if you call them. I did not like using a modified Racemaster holster to accommodate a frame weight. I never felt entirely comfortable that the gun was secured and I couldn't hit the gun really hard on the draw and not have a good chance of it jumping out.