Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's on your belt?

blacklab

I'm new to 3 gun and only shot a few matches so far. I've been watching what people have been caring with them On a stage. It seems to vary from stuffing a few things in their pockets to caring enough ammo on their body to invade a small country. So I was wondering what the average is you carry on your belt. The reason I ask is because I signed up for a match this weekend at one of the larger clubs in our area and I'm pretty sure that most of the better shooters in the area are going to be there. I don't want to be "That Guy" and be carrying too much or too little with me. I've been watching some of the sponsored shooters and I think I have my rig pretty close to their's, but your opinions would be appreciated. I can carry 24 shot shells, 2 pistol mags and 2 AR mags. Does that sound about right?

For Limited, with a double stack pistol and mousegun, I carry one more pistol mag than I think I will need (If pistol portion is 26 rds,, I carry one in the gun and two on my belt). I carry one more rifle mag than I think I will need. I normally have 20 shotshells on my belt, will download if the shotgun portion is only 12 rds or so and you start with the gun full. For Heavy Metal, I carry at least two more pistol mags than I think is necessary and likewise with the rifle, shotgun is the same.

Hurley

pistol holster, 2 extra pistol mags, extra AR mag, 2 shotgun caddies that can take up to 20 extra shells if needed. Of course all that is interchangeable depending on stage set up. Remove shell caddy to add extra pistol mag etc..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

1st I have a Carbon Arms belt ratchet kit and love it. It makes tightening the belt so easy, also run 2-3 shot shell caddies, 2 pistol mag pouches and 1 ar pouch. I have it all set up on a Safariland belt so I can swap out as needed

5 hours ago, mveto said:

1st I have a Carbon Arms belt ratchet kit and love it. It makes tightening the belt so easy, also run 2-3 shot shell caddies, 2 pistol mag pouches and 1 ar pouch. I have it all set up on a Safariland belt so I can swap out as needed

Unfortunately my rig was put together out of extra parts I had lying around. Their Ernie Hill pistol pouches ,Ghost AR pouches and airsoft shot shell caddies with a DAA belt and holster. It's not real easy for me to swap thing out as needed. Looks like in the future I'll have to look into a Safariland setup. So far I haven't had a problem of not having enough of one thing, but all I've shot were small club matches.

Thanks for the info guys.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...