Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

COF

Finally got around to watching this one. Fairly good action - showed a little bit more of Jack's human side with the girl and that he isn't infallible.  Cobie Smulders was kickass as the Army Major. 

Here's the thing - is anyone else getting tired of the "ex-military contractor goon" or "CIA goon"?  Seems to be the flavor of the month bad-guy character.  Also shows you what the pinheads in Harrrrrywood think about the military

• 1 month later...

I really liked the first one.  I really did NOT like the 2nd one.  It had this weird vibe without a lot of sound or music.  It came across very oddly produced and mixed to me.  I was surprised by that.  It's a cool story that should have been handled better.  I think the character is played well by Cruise but the 2nd one came up really short.

According to an industry website..."Jack Reacher earned $80m domestic and $218m worldwide on a $60m budget back in 2012, but Jack Reacher: Never Go Back has earned $58m domestic and $146m worldwide thus far on the same budget. It’s not a super flop, but we’re probably not going to get a Jack Reacher 3."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, dogtired said:

I agree,  I loved the first one.  Even with Cruise.  The second a stinker.

I don't think the Rock is really Reacher either.  I have been trying to come up with who fits the role.  Young Fred Dryer maybe.

Another actor who is too old for the part but WOULD have been good might be Ron Ely.  He was Tarzan in the 1960's tv series and played Doc Savage in The Man of Bronze (which was terrible but that wasn't Ely's fault).  Anyway at 6'4" and capable of doing all his own stunts he would be a good Jack Reacher.

• 1 month later...